Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title

What are pictures different sizes

The forum codes how images are uploaded differently. When the forum itself does it it does so as an attachment that references a link. You get a preview and then click on that to go to the image. When uploading via TapaTalk it actually does a direct link to the actual image without the preview and that is why they are different sizes.

Image uploaded thru web browser shows as a reference attachment and not a direct link to actual uploaded file
    15957-DEFAULT-l.jpg

what the actual attachment location is using direct link.

Link Direct to image on internet

[COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Notice code differences in the attached screen shot between the tags "Attach" and "Img"

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 10.14.32 AM.png

Last edited by TracyG; 08-24-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    I wondered about that as well. On my 1st pic upload it "failed to upload" so I reduced the size by 50% and it went up but not full size like the taptalk images. I was wondering if there was a threshold of total size that would allow a "large" embedded pic to show up using a pc as the fail to upload message doesn't list any size limits.

Title
    Administrator
    With a forum like this, you pay by the storage space and band width used. I did not want a page where you had to use a hosting site like Photobucket, so I opted to pay for open picture posting. The file sizes are limited, and we have expanded it a bit since we started.
    We just can't open it up full throttle, as it will get really expensive to store it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm Dunn View Post
    I wondered about that as well. On my 1st pic upload it "failed to upload" so I reduced the size by 50% and it went up but not full size like the taptalk images. I was wondering if there was a threshold of total size that would allow a "large" embedded pic to show up using a pc as the fail to upload message doesn't list any size limits.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    With a forum like this, you pay by the storage space and band width used. I did not want a page where you had to use a hosting site like Photobucket, so I opted to pay for open picture posting. The file sizes are limited, and we have expanded it a bit since we started.
    We just can't open it up full throttle, as it will get really expensive to store it all.
    Totally agree with the storage cost issue but it would be nice if there was a specific size limit listed for a pic that would post full size from a pc the same as from Tapatalk. That way the pic could be properly sized before uploading and people would not have to click on each pic in order to see the pic in the larger size which is already using the server space but just not displaying it fully. it's not a big deal but would just make things more consistent when posting pictures

It could be that Tapatalk is already automatically resizing the pics to concur with the website limits.

Title
    Administrator
    I can look it up and see what it is set to. Not sure where I could list it and everyone would see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm Dunn View Post
    Totally agree with the storage cost issue but it would be nice if there was a specific size limit listed for a pic that would post full size from a pc the same as from Tapatalk. That way the pic could be properly sized before uploading and people would not have to click on each pic in order to see the pic in the larger size which is already using the server space but just not displaying it fully. it's not a big deal but would just make things more consistent when posting pictures

It could be that Tapatalk is already automatically resizing the pics to concur with the website limits.

Title
    Premium Member
    When you try to upload a file (pic) that's too large you will get a message such as this one outlined in red at the top stating that the "Upload of file failed". If the maximum size was listed in this message then people would know how large a pic could be and then resize it.

There could also be an option in the webite admin that would auto enable the resizing of the pic and it would be transparent to the user.

Capture.PNG

Title
    Administrator
    Ok. Don't get too techy with the non techy guy.
    I can tell you the picture size here, but no one else will read it (People are lazy)
    No way to have a pop up when they do it the wrong way telling them what they have to do unfortunately

Title
    Simple fix is use tapatalk and it is a non issue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    9C87DCC7-E536-46CF-A18C-C5F252F06EC8.jpegLuckily I didn’t get this one yesterday! Oklahoma road kill!