Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

32 S&W Short Tools/Parts/Info wanted

Colt.jpg
    Buddy of mine has his grandfather's revolver - marked at COLT. D.A. 32

He would like to be able to shoot it.

I may need to get some measurements etc - but from what I can tell so far it is 32 S&W Short - and while that was originally a Black Powder cartridge - it was loaded with smokeless powder - though I am not sure if anyone makes it anymore.

So - that leaves reloading - but the only tools and or components I have at the moment that might even be close to working is .32 S&W Long that I could cut down to Short. Might have to slug the barrel to find out if it is a .312" or .315" unless I get the serial number and that helps determine the correct projectile size.

So I am looking for info and or any dies/components you guys might have. I would think that the 32 S&W Long die set would work and that appears to still be available.

Looks like there are molds available - so I could cast for it - but I would need to ask him how serious he is and how much he wants to shoot it before investing $100 in tools and such only to find out he only wants to fire it a few times and then put it away. I will likely check with the bullet casting group I follow - short term it might be easier to get a sample set from someone else who loads em.

I did find some load data - https://reloadammo.com/32-s-w-reloading-data/

Similar Threads:

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    32acp/7.65 Browning dies and brass might be easier to locate. I think Lee makes a set , see Titan Reloading. That may be a fuax paux ....... I will take my lashes but I don't think they are a component competitor .

Title
    Premium Member
    Actually looks like it is more likely 32 S&W Long - posted a similar message in a bullet casting forum on FB and actually found guy who lives near my buddy who already had some 32 Long loaded that he could not use - as well as the dies and such - so I sent him some brass and lead - and he is going to load some up.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have 32 H&R Mag dies with an additional taper crimp die. I am looking to sale.

Title
    Premium Member
    As it turns out - the gun is not 32 S&W Long - or even 32 S&W Short. It is in fact .32 Colt. So now on the hunt for brass .32 Colt Brass.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m glad you’ve got that figured out. At least you know for sure what you’re searching for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member