Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell

Pacific Multi Power 'C' problem .....

Off and on I've been in possession of or using this press since Dad bought it new in 71-72' . It came in a Pacific - Hornady box and is Hornady red but has the Pacific tag on it . The owners manual says it's a Multi Power 'C' , until this morning I was sure it was a 008 .....

The ram isn't stuck and it actually freed up nicely with all the moving parts parts moving . It's been boxed out of service for 20+ years .
    Well in my desire to get that last inch of ram slicked up ....... Let's leave it at that was dumb .

The handle block has a stepped shaft and captured links . The links are held with blind roll and step pins that can be removed after the ram is out (stupid was involved in learning this part ) . The only way to get the ram out is to remove the lever/ram connection pin . I'm guessing it has an a stop on one side and a blind snap ring as it doesn't show any other means of retention.

Is there some other means of removing the ram to handle block than BFH , brute force or 12 ton press ? Some clever hidden paint filled 1/16" pin hole or something?