The Hornady 25 caliber 120gr HP has been discontinued for some time. I have half a box from a long time ago and picked up a new box online a little while back. Judging from the boxes the box I recently acquired is an older bullet. I’m planning on using them in my 257 Roberts AI, I used one of the newer (partial box) bullets to find my seating depth in the rifle. The measurement with the comparator for the bullet touching the lands was 3.538”, so I seated it at 3.528”, .010” off the lands, the die micrometer was set at .572. I misplaced that box of bullets so grabbed a few of the older (full box) bullets to load a test load. I seated them with the same seating die setting as the other, and something looked wrong. I measured these rounds and they were 3.535”. Now I was curious and took another bullet from the full box and found the lands in the rifle with it. Touching the lands with that bullet was 3.535”. I adjusted the seating die micrometer in .010 and got those bullets seated .010” off the lands, measuring 3.525” with the comparator. So now I have one round at 3.528”, micrometer at .572, and four rounds at 3.525”, micrometer at .562, all 5 are .010” off the lands. There definitely was changes made to the bullet through the years, and I’m hoping there won’t be a big change in loading from one to the other.

JTD