Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 280 Ackley

Title
    Premium Member
    What length barrel do those Montana rifles have?

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    So instead of making a new thread for this topic, I'm going to jump on this one, as I am getting close to the end of a .280AI build and if I get some time, I'd like to get some rounds to fireform. I can't remember where I read it, but I have heard a good way to fireform rounds is to use a recipe of the parent load, that is halfway between starting load and maximum. Can anyone confirm this? I have a few hundred cases of once fired .270Win brass, that I am planning to run through a .280 FL sizer die and then load them as .280. Cheap brass to start with for the barrel break in process and the beginning steps to reload for this new-to-me cartridge. Those with experience with this round, what are your thoughts on this?
    Hey made a mistake on velocity’s.i get 3050 with the 140s and 2800 with the 160$. My barrel is 24 inches,the Mauser action messed me up at first, cant drop round in chamber, has to feed from magazine, the reloading book is Nosler number 7, but there info is online under Nosler reloading data,,only shot one deer with mine at about 100 and it went 20 yards and fell,shot behind shoulder,work those loads up in book,don’t start at max,,hope this helps some

Title
    Premium Member
    Shoot regular 280 ammo..Remingtons are cheap and the headstamp will be correct.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    What length barrel do those Montana rifles have?

JTD
    Mine has a 24” tube on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk