Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Super! He looks happy and I suspect you are proud.
    Very proud of him! We just dropped the head off at the taxidermist for a European mount.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally! My daughter connected after 7 years of trying. She is one happy lady, and I am one proud pop.
    Attachment 1780
    That is so awesome! 7 years!?! I love the dedication and perseverance. What was she shooting?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Very proud of him! We just dropped the head off at the taxidermist for a European mount.

JTD
    That will be a super mount, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    That is so awesome! 7 years!?! I love the dedication and perseverance. What was she shooting?

JTD
    7 tough years, but the deer herd is really rebounding. Her enthusiasm was waning big time, I'm hoping this success increases her enthusiasm again. She is shooting my TC Venture in 243. My favorite caliber, definitely not my favorite action, but She likes it and won't let me sell it.

Title
    Premium Member
    7 tough years, but the deer herd is really rebounding. Her enthusiasm was waning big time, I'm hoping this success increases her enthusiasm again. She is shooting my TC Venture in 243. My favorite caliber, definitely not my favorite action, but She likes it and won't let me sell it.

I hope it brings back her enthusiasm too. I wondered if it would be 243, I know you have an affinity for it. What bullet is she shooting out of it?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I hope it brings back her enthusiasm too. I wondered if it would be 243, I know you have an affinity for it. What bullet is she shooting out of it?

JTD
    Interesting that you ask that. I have been using the Nosler 95 and 100 grain Partition for decades. Unable to find them lately so this is my first kill with the Barnes 85 grain TSX BT. The girl made an impressive quartering away shot at 55 yards between trees and brush that left no exit. I am pretty confident that the butcher will find it lodged in the broken far side front shoulder.
    Not much blood, because no exit but, liquefied 1 lung. Overall happy with the performance, but very partial to the Partition in this caliber.

Title
    Premium Member
    Good 2021 season in Northern Michigan, Tagged out on bucks now time to take a doe with the bow, Bought a 1952 Rem 721 in .257 Roberts 3 yrs ago and this yr added 4th and 5th deer down with it, Season opened the 15th of Nov after setting good part of the day at around 3 pm a lil 8 showed up and stopped 92 yards away while chasing a doe, ( bad move), fast forward to the 18th about 9 am almost same replay, But it was one I was trying to stick in early bow season nice mature 7 pt

20211115_151437.jpg20211115_151620.jpg20211120_085613.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Interesting that you ask that. I have been using the Nosler 95 and 100 grain Partition for decades. Unable to find them lately so this is my first kill with the Barnes 85 grain TSX BT. The girl made an impressive quartering away shot at 55 yards between trees and brush that left no exit. I am pretty confident that the butcher will find it lodged in the broken far side front shoulder.
    Not much blood, because no exit but, liquefied 1 lung. Overall happy with the performance, but very partial to the Partition in this caliber.

I just put together a reduced load on 243 with the 85gr TSX. I am glad to hear you had good luck with the bullet.

Another bullet you might give a try in 243 is the Nosler 95gr ballistic tip. My friends son killed a buck with it this year. Very goo performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentstick View Post
    Good 2021 season in Northern Michigan, Tagged out on bucks now time to take a doe with the bow, Bought a 1952 Rem 721 in .257 Roberts 3 yrs ago and this yr added 4th and 5th deer down with it, Season opened the 15th of Nov after setting good part of the day at around 3 pm a lil 8 showed up and stopped 92 yards away while chasing a doe, ( bad move), fast forward to the 18th about 9 am almost same replay, But it was one I was trying to stick in early bow season nice mature 7 pt

20211115_151437.jpg20211115_151620.jpg20211120_085613.jpg
    Great bucks! 257 Roberts is one of my favorites. What are you shooting out of it?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    For hunting still working out of the box of Rem core lock 117 gr factory I got with the gun, but do have some hand rolled I was playing with and dialing in before we packed up old house to move into Wife's dads place we inherited Gun room/reloading and Vault door pics will be soon, need to finish other (mandatory stuff) first.