Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

How does one ship loaded ammo to another state or across state

My dad was a reloader and collector of loaded ammo. There is just so much of it that I cannot hoard it due to space. I have several boxes of assorted calibers that people are interested in them.Myquestion is how to safely ship them and who to use as a shipper? Can it be done legally and safely? I know whenever I go to the postal Service,they specifically ask and I am sure would reject them.Just out of curiosity.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    UPS or FedEx is just fine. The boxes just have to be labeled ORM-D, which doesn't have any associated cost for it.
    Just make sure you aren't sending them to states like California, where it is illegal for individuals to ship ammo to

Title
    Thanks for the help Wes..I am pretty sure the couple guys interested are in Montana,Colorado and I believe Tennessee..I was leery about California, New Jersey and New York though..

Title
    Administrator
    Should be good in all those places!! Ammo is super easy to ship. Box it up well, take it to them, and tell them it is Ammo, and ORM-D, and they will handle it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Harmon View Post
    Thanks for the help Wes..I am pretty sure the couple guys interested are in Montana,Colorado and I believe Tennessee..I was leery about California, New Jersey and New York though..