Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

7.62x54R hunting load

My 14 year olds prized rifle, a sporterized M38 mosin nagant, has proven to be difficult to find a consistent load for. It’s a neat looking rifle and he loves it, so we haven’t given up on it yet. So far we’ve tried Hornady 150gr .312” interlocks and Speer 150gr .311 Hot Cors. We’ve found some decent loads but they are not consistently decent. Now we are moving up the ladder to Speer 180gr .311” RN bullets, and are going to try IMR4064 and W760 for the first go around. COAL is set at 2.855” which is approximately .300” of the bullet in the case neck. I will update this thread as we go. Fingers crossed.

JTD