Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

ANYONE RELOAD FOR A 450Bushmaster . . . ??

I have been reloading for this chambering for some time now.
    I bought a used CVA HUNTER with a 25" bbl but was too long and heavy to swing from the seat of my buggy at night. So I had it chopped to 16.5" and bbl contoured to blend with a extremely efficient ( however loud) muzzle brake.
    I am older now and do not like the extreme recoil of some chamberings so I either reload to book medium loads or a full case of Trail Boss.
    My results with this gun have been imptessive. Easily 1 " at 50yds. Sometimes under that. --- SAWMAN

Similar Threads:
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I know there were some guys that loaded for it awhile back, but I don’t think they are very active on the forum now.

JTD

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    I shoot cast in everything , I have enjoyed the flexibility allowed in 45 Raptor , and 45-70 from recoil I don't care to ever repeat to something just about the same as 45 ACP in weights from a 141 gr round ball and 196 gr SWC up to a 535 gr Bison slayer .

At 1100 fps MV the 500&535 carry 1000# past 250 yd , recoil is mild and depending on your location and weather may be subs . Using a powder like Unique it's an easy power level to reach in the >< 2" cases and cost about $8/100 to load vs the full boat rifle fuel loads at 16/100 and jacketed loads at that plus the cost of the preferred bullet at another 30-50/100 .

With correct dimensions and design 2000 fps 250&350 gr and platform capability group load are readily available without any leading although you will see a little grey to almost white antimony wash . It's not instant success but not hard to do if you're willing to spend a little time to look at what changes when you change something .

Title
    Premium Member
    This is probably my favorite cartridge to load for. I’ve tried pretty much everything and have settled on IMR 4227/Starline brass/Barnes TTSX. This is the only load I won’t tinker with anymore across all guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk