Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: New/Old rifle

Title
    Premium Member

New/Old rifle

Well it's official, I have gotten back together with my 308, she finally cleaned herself up.
    Savage 110 pre acu-trigger, custom stock with adjust cheek, rifle basix trigger, 20 MOA base with a soon to be replaced SightMark scope, 26 inch McGowen 1:10 twist barrel and a cheep muzzle brake.
    While finishing the break in, using BLEM 208 ELD bullets shot my best group(that I can't prove) at 600 yards, I'm guessing it was a 2 inch 5 shot group. Didn't take my phone cause I had to drove through a foot of water to get to the target. Time to start load development

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:
    "Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m ready to hear all about this one.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I've had the rifle for at least 20 years and about 20,000 rounds through the OE barrel plus whatever the previous owner put through it, over the years I've upgraded it and got it shooting great, to the point where I could go out today put some rounds through it, clean it, shake the dust off of it a month later and put rounds through the same hole from last time. A year and half to two years ago it lost its edge and got to the point I couldn't make consistent hits at 600 yards, finally ordered a new barrel for it in March and got it 2 weeks ago. Finished the break in today and my last group I shot at 600 was 2 inches(I'm guessing, didn't bring my tape measure down with me).
    Out of all the loads I was shooting today, around 80 rounds, 16 different loads with blem bullets the last one is the one that surprised me. I'll have pictures to back up my claim next time out

Title
    Premium Member
    Did some load development, found a couple good loads, my old load didn't perform so well, sorry for the blurry picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Very nice!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Well made it to the range yesterday and I'm both happy and sad, happy cause I found my load, ironically .2 grains less than before with the RDF bullets, sad cause the combo I had for the ELD bullets don't work with the new barrel, I'll try some H4895 whenever it shows up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Good luck with the 4895

JTD

Title
    Sweet looking pill thrower. Good luck with it. I've also been successful finding the perfect load with seating depth and in some cases a slight crimp for different rifles.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SBSATS View Post
    Sweet looking pill thrower. Good luck with it. I've also been successful finding the perfect load with seating depth and in some cases a slight crimp for different rifles.
    Thanks