Premium Member
    That’s a beautiful gun!!!! Glad you got the shoulder bump figured out

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    That’s a beautiful gun!!!! Glad you got the shoulder bump figured out

JTD
    She is a beauty! Zeroed the new scope yesterday. Shot some factory 20gr VMax loads (a whole 25rd box getting zeroed), 5rd 15.5gr NTX, 15rd of 25gr HP and my reloads. Everything shot fine, nothing stellar. Best group was the 15.5gr NTX at shade over 1/2 MOA with the 25gr HP coming in second at 3/4 MOA. No pressure signs at all with the reloads. Last night I reset my sizer as I discovered that I wasn't getting the entire neck up in the die, most but not all. Used some feeler gauges to sneak up on the shoulder neck junction and I think I'm set now. The shoulder is bumped back .005 which is more than I'd like but at least it's consistent now and I'm getting good neck tension and concentricity. I may have to invest in a neck sizing die for this rifle. I sized all the once fired brass and reloaded another 10rds at 12.2gr of A1680 with the 20gr VMax. I know it sounds like a big jump but this is the accuracy load that I'm finding from my internet digging.

Title
    Premium Member
    Neck sizing is probably the way to go. I know on my 22 hornet brass, all I’ve ever done is neck size and it’s on its 5th firing with no ill effects.

JTD