Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Area 419 Powder funnel system

I picked up a new Area419 powder funnel system today. Ive had problems with finer powders not making it into the case with my old MTM universal powder funnel. Ive looked at ones from MK Machining (3D printed), the one from Lyman, and this one from Area419. I’m hoping this will solve my powder woes.

I will update the thread as I use it and make my review.

JTD

Similar Threads:

Title
    Fancy stuff! I have contemplated the Area 419 setup before but just couldn't justify that kind of $$. I have enough tied up in my 7-8 Satern funnels already, and I'm very happy with them. They are bulky to store though, which is where the insert-style funnels really shine.

Title
    Premium Member
    I can’t wait to try it out. Before it’s all said and done, I will need to buy 3 more caliber specific heads and a couple 3” drop tubes. I will need them eventually but not right now.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Following this thread, been using an RCBS funnel, it works but always on the lookout for something better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    I used the new funnel tonight. RL22 in 30-06, not a great test, because it is a short stick powder, but it didn’t bridge at all. W760 in 243, I was worried about this one because w760 is very fine. Not a single grain missed the case mouth, and none got caught between the insert and the funnel. Last was AA2230 and IMR4895 in 35 Remington. This one was cool because there is no 35cal insert, but the neck is so thin on the 35 Remington, that the 338 adapter fit perfectly. No issues with the stick or ball powder in this one either, no bridging and no spilling.

I will update as I use more different combinations. So far, very happy.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I realized tonight, the set doesn’t come with a 25 caliber insert. I used the 6.5 one on my 257 Roberts Ackley with H4831 and didn’t have a problem, but it wouldn’t work with a ball powder though. I used it on 30-40 krag also, no problem with IMR4831 or Western BigGame.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I realized tonight, the set doesn’t come with a 25 caliber insert. I used the 6.5 one on my 257 Roberts Ackley with H4831 and didn’t have a problem, but it wouldn’t work with a ball powder though. I used it on 30-40 krag also, no problem with IMR4831 or Western BigGame.

JTD
    I don't have a 25 cal so no big deal to me, have you tried it on pistol cases

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    I haven’t tried it on pistol. For my pistol loads I just drop straight from the powder measure.

JTD