Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

ISO 25-06 bullets

I acquired a 25-06 from my father in law who wanted to see me load up some whitetail ammo for it as he hopes to see my daughter take a deer with it sometime. I have some brass and a box of 117gr Interlock, but was wondering if anyone had any loose boxes of bullets that they would be willing to part ways with that might make a good whitetail hunting bullet. Let me know what’s out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Sorry, I don’t have any bullets I’m looking to get rid of, but that 117gr interlock is an excellent whitetail bullet. Ive used it for years with great success.

JTD

Title
    That’s what my father in law used, but he never really stressed accuracy. I’m torn between squeezing all of the accuracy out of a rifle that I can, but also realize that hunting bullets are primarily focused on expansion. I haven’t gotten a chance to load any up yet, but I would love to see 0.75-1” group at 100 yards. If you have loaded these up in 25-06, what powder works well? I have a few manuals and a bunch of different powders I could try, but limited to 100 bullets

Title
    Premium Member

ISO 25-06 bullets

Ive used them in 257 Roberts and 25-06. The 257 Roberts shoots that bullet .5moa with H4350 @ 2850fps. My 25-06 is a short 22” barreled rifle (so velocity suffers) but is sub moa with that bullet with H4831 @ 2875fps.

JTD

Title
    I have IMR4831, H4831, H4350, and a few others yet that I have heard good results with. My Hornady manual said that they found success with IMR4831 so I think I may start there and probably compare the 4831 powders and see what I come up with

Title
    Premium Member
    Sounds like you’re headed in the right direction. When you get going start a thread over in the reloading discussion area and let us know how things go.

JTD