Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 338 Lapua

Title
    Premium Member

338 Lapua

Who all loads 338 Lapua besides me? Found some hodgen us 869 and was wondering if it's any good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:
    "Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    I am getting ready to start loading for mine...I've read very mixed reviews about US869. It's very slow, so case fill becomes an issue. I almost pulled the trigger on buying some over the past few months, but decided to hold out for Retumbo or VV N570. I was finally able to score some N570 a couple weeks ago from Powder Valley so that's what I'll be using. I have a couple pounds of Retumbo and a bunch of H1000 to experiment with as well. I've also heard good things about Reloder 33.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cynjon View Post
    I am getting ready to start loading for mine...I've read very mixed reviews about US869. It's very slow, so case fill becomes an issue. I almost pulled the trigger on buying some over the past few months, but decided to hold out for Retumbo or VV N570. I was finally able to score some N570 a couple weeks ago from Powder Valley so that's what I'll be using. I have a couple pounds of Retumbo and a bunch of H1000 to experiment with as well. I've also heard good things about Reloder 33.
    RL33 didn't work well in mine, could never get y anything consistent, haven't tried retumbo, H1000 worked good with the 250 & 285eld, I've had the best luck with Ramshot Magnum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    If you have a really long barrel like 36" it may be worth a try with the heaviest bullets. Some guys like the really slow stuff like h50bmg or 24n41 in 338 lap imp that I've talked to. I was talking to them about powders for 300 norma imp and asked about the real slow stuff they used for elr. They still seemed to favor n570 though.