Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Hog ammo

Title

Hog ammo

What is everyone’s favorite 300 blackout round suppressed for hunting hogs?

Title
    once I get a suppressor I will let you know. I do have some of the Nosler 220gr Round Nose that are supposed to expand at 1k/fps. Wes said some guys say they did not expand. I am wondering if the loaded a little too slow and did not chrono them to make sure they were over 100o fps for the first 75-100yds. Even Nosler says they will have up to 12" penetration before expanding in gel.

Last edited by TracyG; 07-25-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: correct auto correct...
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    Not that savvy but I like the 150 gr with H-110 loaded in the 300blk. If I can hit it I can kill it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I like to use the Makers 200gr expanding subsonic.
    http://www.makerbullets.com/proddeta...rod=308200SBLK

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyG View Post
    once I get a suppressor I will let you know. I do have some of the Nosler 220gr Round Nose that are supposed to expand at 1k/fps. Wes said some guys say they did not expand. I am wondering if the loaded a little too slow and did not chrono them to make sure they were over 100o fps for the first 75-100yds. Even Nosler says they will have up to 12" penetration before expanding in gel.
    I think I have some of the same ones. I decided to make some up after seeing Noveske made these "glow tip" 220 grainers. Figured I should be able to make a similar performing load. I plan to make up some gel once I find a range down here in SC and see how they perform at different velocities.
    glow tip.jpg
    Aside from that, I plan to get some 212 grain ELD-X and play with them.
    I just moved down from Illinois, so I've been kicking around the idea of suppressing now that I'm in a free state, but part of me is holding out hope that they'll be knocked off the NFA list. I don't have the patience to wait for all that to clear.
    These are the guys I made up. I haven't had much opportunity to test them other than getting my sights on a 100Y before I moved.
    220 Grain 300BO Round Nose.JPG