Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    [QUOTE=JeffreyDeGraff;2639]Thanks. Is that scope mount offset, so you don’t have to change the bolt handle, or do you have to get the bolt handle replaced?

It's a Rock Solid mount and I believe it was necessary to have the bolt bent to use it, but it's been so long I can't remember the order I did things to it. You can probably find out on their web site.
    Last edited by edrw; 08-23-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    [QUOTE=edrw;2669]
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Thanks. Is that scope mount offset, so you don’t have to change the bolt handle, or do you have to get the bolt handle replaced?

It's a Rock Solid mount and I believe it was necessary to have the bolt bent to use it, but it's been so long I can't remember the order I did things to it. You can probably find out on their web site.
    Great. Thanks for the pic. I apologize to the original poster for hijacking his thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Ok, this will be lengthy since I have 3 different rifles that shoot this and I use different powders for different rifles and weights of projectiles. I'll try to keep it straight.

For the M44, all projectiles are .311
    150gr Hornady Interlock Varget 45.7 gr, 2.895 COAL
    150gr Sierra Pro Hunter RE15 51.0gr

For the M91/30, all projectiles are .308
    174gr Sierra RL15 46gr COAL 2.900
    174gr FMJBT Accurate 4350 50gr
    190gr Sierra Match, RL15 45gr, IMR4064 43gr
    174gr Sierra Match, Varget 43.5gr
    180gr Sierra Pro Hunter RE15 49.6

Russian Degtyaryov machine gun (DPM) .30 cal
    150 gr Hornady SP Varget 45.7gr

This is what I do so far and have more loaded than I will likely ever shoot except for the DPM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Do like the pictures.

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tad View Post
    whats everyone's favorite loads. and where you get your brass?
    I got the majority of my brass from a local commercial reloader that bought brass by the barrel full. Back several years ago when the spam cans disappeared people started shooting brass case ammo at the local indoor ranges so I was able to pick up a good bit of once fired PPU along with some S & B and Win. cases. I and my brother both probably ended up with 500+ cases before all was said and done. I've also bought new or once fired brass on other forums in the buy and sale section, in general I've only paid 10 to 15 cents per case.

As far as loads I don't shoot many jacketed bullets as I mainly shoot cast lead. For general purpose shooting I like the Lee 160 gr. tumble lube bullet gas checked an powder coated with 16.0 grs. of Alliant 2400 for hunting loads I use an Accurate mold that cast a .314" 215 gr. FP with 34.0 grs. of H-4895 it pretty accurate with the irons on my 1933 HEX 91/30.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder

Title
    Premium Member
    I get brass from loaded PPU ammo. Usually load .312 hornady bullets with 4895 or SR4759. I am only punching paper at 50m for a local military rifle match we have monthly so high velocity ammo is not required.

Title
    Premium Member
    Just placed an order for 54r dies today.
    Picked up a M28 Finn on Friday and took it out today with some PPU 154gr soft point and it shot damn well given my crap mk1 eyeballs. RO gave me a styrofoam cup with 50 pcs SB/ PPU brass.

Looking for some 150-ish gr SST and really considering taking it out opening day of rifle season on 03 Nov

Title
    Premium Member
    To Reloader762 Just wondering how your surplus was of Mosin brass, if you ever sold any if you had a regular supply. Let me know.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCFTR View Post
    To Reloader762 Just wondering how your surplus was of Mosin brass, if you ever sold any if you had a regular supply. Let me know.
    I will keep you in mind if any more show up at the LGS where the guy I got mine from sells reloading supplies.
    Last edited by Reloader762; 10-27-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder