Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    I do all my loading on a single stage press, even revolver rounds. When I’m dispensing out of a uniflow, I load a whole tray, and then check every case with a flashlight. Row by row. I like to hold the flashlight close to my face, and then line up the side of the case facing me with the top of the powder charge in the case. It’s hard to explain it but that way I can go through a whole row left to right or right to left and they should all be about the same height in the case. Think of it as a kind of triangulation. If there is any great fluctuation, I catch it easily. I do also still weigh every 10th charge too.

With flake powders if the disk catches, grinds, or does anything else that isn’t smooth with I move the throw lever, that charge goes back into the hopper. Sometimes it does take two or three throws to get a proper flow but that’s still lots faster than weighing every charge. I did that for a lo time before I upgraded to the uniflows. And now I have one set for .357, one for .44mag, and one I haven’t set up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    I took a dowel and made it smaller on one end and I install it in the next shell to reload. If I get dis-tracked by someone or something I know where I left off cause if you install the dowel into a shell that has powder it sticks up like a sore thumb. It works for me. Try something like that and you will know where you are next time you get dis-tracked. Just my way of knowing where I am when I am loading powder!!