Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 33 years ago

Title
    Premium Member

33 years ago

33 years ago today I lost my oldest sister in a tragic car accident. To say this is a hard day for myself and my family is an understatement. Shortly before Gwen died I gave her what had been my first firearm, a Remington Nylon 12 that was given to me by my step father. I shot my first grouse, first groundhog, and first cottontails with this little rifle. I had acquired a Ruger 10/22 from my older brother and decided to pass this on to my sister. It just happened that the day and practically the moment I gave this to her would be the last time I ever saw her. Skip ahead 33 years and I'm perusing Sage's FacistBook group and I come across a nice whitetail buck posted by Dwayne McClanahan. By chance I hovered over his name with my mouse long enough and I notice we have a mutual friend Wayne McClanahan, my sisters widower. I posted a comment to the effect of "Hey nice buck. I see we have a friend in common" and he comes back with "Yep that's my brother." Long story short with not more than a simple request Dwayne returned this rifle to me after it sat for years in a closet at his parents home in Whitefish MT, driving all the way from Whitehall MT along with a couple hundred rounds of 22LR, some big game summer sausage and polska keilbasa. I would just like to make a very public and heart felt thank you to Dwayne and to Wes and to this community.