Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Administrator
    So why do MEWE when I paid a ton to build this forum, where no one controls it but me?
    MEWE can change its rules, and over night be worse than FB.
    Here, on my personal server, no one can touch us, ever.
    With all the things I have on my plate every day, I can't be on a ton of different social media platforms.
    I have work to do getting orders out and working in the shop.
    People know where the website is, and can check there for in stock items.
    I can do updates here, or on FB if needed, but lately I haven't had any time to even take a few hours off.

Title
    I personally prefer the forum setup over any other social media even though I do subscribe to certain groups on Mewe just to read what's going on....mostly Glock stuff. Never been on Facebook and don't think I've ever made a post on anything other than forums like this.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    There is a new FB type site up - it is veteran owned - it is called Patriot-book.com might want to check it out. It is just getting started so not many on it yet but is growing every day.

Title
    Premium Member
    MeWe sucks, UI is clunky and the search feature is abysmal. I’m with Wes, if we can build up this Forum that’s the BEST option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Long live the forum!!!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    So for the last couple weeks, I reopened my mewe account. There are lots of gun related pages and buy sell trade groups. I have taken the time to learn the platform, and can use it pretty well. I joined a couple gun groups and a couple buy sell trade pages. My honest assessment is that the platform still sucks. I have a much easier time navigating the forum with Tapatalk. The buy sell trade pages are full of gougers scammers and people begging for small rifle primers. Lots of scamming going on over there, they have even made a group specifically for listing all the scammers people have come across. Ive pm’ed 2 different people about product, and it seems people only check their pm’s once a week or so. Mewe May be for some people, but not me. I’ll take the forum any day.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    So for the last couple weeks, I reopened my mewe account. There are lots of gun related pages and buy sell trade groups. I have taken the time to learn the platform, and can use it pretty well. I joined a couple gun groups and a couple buy sell trade pages. My honest assessment is that the platform still sucks. I have a much easier time navigating the forum with Tapatalk. The buy sell trade pages are full of gougers scammers and people begging for small rifle primers. Lots of scamming going on over there, they have even made a group specifically for listing all the scammers people have come across. Ive pm’ed 2 different people about product, and it seems people only check their pm’s once a week or so. Mewe May be for some people, but not me. I’ll take the forum any day.

JTD
    I too have greatly increased my usage of MEWE, and have even (very cautiously) completed a few transactions there. However, I totally agree with you, I'd love to see this forum grow and become "the place" for both knowledge and approved exchange of goods. I love the fact that it is on a private server and no questionable entity has an option to shut it down because it doesn't agree with the message. Kudos to Wes for extending himself to create this, let's make it grow!

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I only asked because it seems there is a lot more activity on facistbook than here on the forum. @Wes, I totally agree. The social media platforms just seemed to take over and eclipse the old forum style platforms. I kind of miss the old forums.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    I only asked because it seems there is a lot more activity on facistbook than here on the forum. @Wes, I totally agree. The social media platforms just seemed to take over and eclipse the old forum style platforms. I kind of miss the old forums.
    Commiebook is where all the action is at. People just refuse to leave it. They complain about it all the time but still use it. It boggles my mind.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Commiebook is where all the action is at. People just refuse to leave it. They complain about it all the time but still use it. It boggles my mind.

JTD
    I was able to reconnect with a bunch of my old army buddies, we even have our own group page, none of that would have been possible without that platform, but the censorship is just over the top. I'm hesitant to completely abandon the libturds to their echo chamber because I believe it's important for all of us to hear opinions and viewpoints we may not necessarily agree with. The problem is the censorship allows them the levity to speak loudly and without reservation while the rest of us have to live in fear of accidentally posting a pic with a gun in the background and being completely deplatformed and cancelled for possessing an item that is completely legal or participating in an activity that is completely legal. It's f'n stupid.