Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

Rem 700 300 Win Mag

Hello all... I have a new, well less than 40 rounds through it by me, rifle that I am having an issue with. Shooting factory Federal and Winchester through it and the cases get stuck so hard it's extremely difficult to get the bolt open to eject the round... to the point I have to almost get a hammer to open it, bruised palm to prove it. I can't believe that this is ok? Am I really missing something here?? I could very much use input on this! FRUSTRATED!!!

Thank you!

David

Title
    Premium Member
    You are right. That is not right. Do you have any pictures of the fired brass? Any unusual marks on them? How to the primers look? Is the bolt hard to close on these factory rounds before you fire them?

JTD

Title
    There are definitely marks towards the base on both factory loads parallel
    to the body of the brass. Primers looks all good. They chamber very easily before being fired. I have also noticed that it does NOT like Hornady factory loads at all. Almost impossible to even chamber new round..

Not sure how to or if its possible to upload pics for better inspection here.

Title
    Doing this from my phone... I found how to upload pics. I will do here in a moment.

Title
    Well, something on my end wont allow me to upload pics.

Title
    Premium Member
    That stinks. Hard to tell what’s going on without pics. Couple more questions before bed. If you chamber a new round and then take it out without firing it, is there any marks on the brass? With the Hornady ammo, if you chamber a round and remove it, is there any marks on the brass or bullet?

JTD

Title
    I will check that as well.

Maybe I missed it. What is the brand or specs of your rifle?