Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

6.5 Creedmoor 129gr SST and Superformance powder

Have any of you guys tried this combo? Powder is super scares around here and this is what I could get. Wish I still had my stock pile of IMR 4350. I dont have a load for it in any of my manuals and was told the only book with a load for this combo is in the Hornady book.
    Got the Hornady manual on order now, but was hoping to try some out this weekend.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Here you go bud. I haven’t tried superformance in anything, but here is the data to get you rolling.

Have you looked on Hogdgon’s web site? They may have some data too.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks. If the rain holds out I will post back with the chrono data off these this weekend.

Title
    Premium Member
    Awesome! Definitely keep us updated.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally got a chance to run these loads. Crono kept giving odd readings. tried it with and with out the shades so no good data on FPS.
    I went in 1gr jumps. normally go .2 but with components hard to get and this is just a deer rifle for my daughter, I just needed a good hunting load.

Quick rundown:
    Mossberg patriot syn 22" barrel 6.5creed
    Vortex CrossFire ii 4x12x44

Case trim length 1.912
    FED 210 primers.
    COL 2.670 +/- 0.001
    129gr SST
    SuperFormance powder
    65 degrees
    100yd groups, from lead sled.
    44gr = 1-1/2" 3 shot group
    45gr = 3/4" 3 shot group
    46gr = sub 1/2" 3 shot group

Title
    Premium Member
    Was definitely shrinking up as the load got hotter. That should be an excellent deer load.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm hoping it does better then the factory 129gr Hornady American Whitetails SP's did last week.
    She shot her first deer 130yds, heard the bullet hit, deer jumped strait in the air and took off. Never found it or blood even with the guides dog.
    Next evening hunt she shoots another doe 215 yds in the shoulder, drops it DRT. Bullet didn't pass through.
    Saturday morning she puts one in another doe 125yds right shoulder bullet didn't pass through. Deer jumped and ran 40-50 yards.
    Guides dog found it, not a drop of blood on the ground or on the deer.

New cartridge to me i've always hunted deer with 30-06 and 300wm. I'm used to just dirt napping deer with massive damage.
    150 -180gr pills running 2,800fps+ do the trick pretty good.
    I just thought with a .264 bullet at the kind of speed the creed runs those soft points would have atleast passed through the deer.
    But I was able to be there with her when she got her first deer, and that is better then any group i've ever shot.

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s strange. The 129gr Hornady interlock has always been a strong performer for me. I shot that bullet for years out of one of my 6.5x55 rifles. Cleanly killed many deer and hogs with it.

JTD