Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

2020 hunting pictures.

Hey guys, hunting season is upon us. Wes has started a thread for this in the past but I figured I start one up this season. Let’s see everyone’s kills for the 20/21 hunting season. You can include what gun bullet powder combo, and remember gun pictures are encouraged here on the forum.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    My 2020 buck, shot with my 35 Whelen AI 98 Mauser (08 Brazillian), first blood for this rifle, 200gr Barnes TTSX over IMR 4895 in brass purchased from Wes.

2020buck.jpg

My xtag doe, shot with S&W 629 44 Mag at 85 yds, 240gr Hornady XTP over H110.

2020xtag.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    My 2020 buck, shot with my 35 Whelen AI 98 Mauser (08 Brazillian), first blood for this rifle, 200gr Barnes TTSX over IMR 4895 in brass purchased from Wes.

2020buck.jpg

My xtag doe, shot with S&W 629 44 Mag at 85 yds, 240gr Hornady XTP over H110.

2020xtag.jpg
    Great buck and doe! I love that rifle too!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Great buck and doe! I love that rifle too!

JTD
    Thanks, it's a Mauser, imagine that.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    Thanks, it's a Mauser, imagine that.
    Ha! Never would’ve guessed it!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Pretty sure this has been posted on other threads already, but I haven’t pulled a trigger yet. My wife has filled two of three tags so far. Both shot with the same Savage 11 .243 with a mixture of IMR4064 and the Barnes 85gr TSX. First was the pronghorn at a bit over 200 yards. The next was a whitetail doe at about 80yards. Neither went far!

Hoping to get out myself now that we have some cooler temps. I would love to let a deer hang for a couple days instead of hurrying it into the freezer during the warmer temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Pretty sure this has been posted on other threads already, but I haven’t pulled a trigger yet. My wife has filled two of three tags so far. Both shot with the same Savage 11 .243 with a mixture of IMR4064 and the Barnes 85gr TSX. First was the pronghorn at a bit over 200 yards. The next was a whitetail doe at about 80yards. Neither went far!

Hoping to get out myself now that we have some cooler temps. I would love to let a deer hang for a couple days instead of hurrying it into the freezer during the warmer temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent!

Being in Texas, it is almost always a rush to get an animal in the freezer. Every once in awhile I get to leave one hanging overnight.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Killed this buck this morning, opening day of Missouri firearms season. I was using my old 7x57 Mauser. 154gr Hornady Interlock over Vihtavouri N150. Recovered the bullet, it weighed 121.8gr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Nicely done.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Filled my South Dakota buck tag this week...best mulie to date and an absolute tank of a deer body-wise. Very happy to fill the tag with a nice buck!
    IMG_2479.JPG