Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

A rookie's success

Tonight we went out and shot 20 rounds of my first test loads of 9mm and survived to post about it!

Sincere appreciation for all of those on this forum who have contributed their knowledge and shared expertise on equipment, processes, observations and even those from whom I obtained brass and bullets. The knowledge gained from contributions here was instrumental in assisting with what should be done and tips on making everything from brass cleaning to crimping was invaluable. It's satisfying to know that a new hobby can be fun, challenging and rewarding. Ultimately, it's going to feed another hobby of practical shooting that we didn't have much time or ammunition to participate in this year in outdoor matches and the season is coming to a close. We'll be taking it up indoors this winter and sharpening up for the outdoor season next year.

Can't wait to get back to the bench and start cranking out a few hundred (or thousand!) rounds 9, 40S&W and 45ACP. Once a comfort level is established, I plan to also load 357 Sig and 223. Thank you all, once again, for your insights and wisdom!