Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 6.5 Grendel

Title

6.5 Grendel

How many of you guys have one and how do you like shooting it? I’ve currently have an 18” 223 wylde AR and I’m honestly kinda bored of 223 and want to focus more on just doing bulk for training rounds. I’m really just looking for a fun to shoot/load round and I’m thinking grendel

Similar Threads:
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Love the Grendel. Ive got a 20” heavy barrel. Super accurate, and probably my favorite AR round.

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Love the Grendel. Ive got a 20” heavy barrel. Super accurate, and probably my favorite AR round.

JTD
    I figured people really liked it I see it all the time. Just wanted to switch things up. All I need to do is rebarrel, new bolt and a few small things

Title
    Premium Member
    There are lots of good powder and bullet choices for it. The one down side is there are no “cheap” plinking bullets. I use all hunting bullets, I’ve got loads for 100gr Barnes ttsx, 120gr nosler ballistic tips, and 123 Hornady SST’s. My favorite powders are RL15, AR comp, and 8208. There are plenty of other good ones too, those are just my personal favorites.

JTD

Title
    Love my Grendel...mine has a 24" barrel and is a hammer with pretty much everything I've tried in it. It shoots particularly well with the 120 Nosler BT, 123 ELD-M and 95 grain VMax. Like JTD, I've had the best results with XBR8208 and AR Comp. I was able to pick up a pile of "pulled" 120 BTs on "another site" (Sorry Wes!) at a price that pretty much makes them "cheap plinking bullets".

Title
    Good to hear. Not really looking to plink. We’ve got a 300 yard range I want to visit more regularly. I’m used to only doing it to 100

Title
    I hear you...I have my .223/5.56 ARs for plinking. I was just saying that they were cheap enough to plink with if I wanted to. I've shot steel with it at ranges up to 550 yards and it's boringly accurate at that range. It's probably my favorite AR caliber.

Title
    Premium Member
    My youngest has been hunting with a Grendel for the last 2 years, a gift from his great uncle HOWA 1500 Mini Action. Nice little easy shooting cartridge. He's killed 3 whitetails with it so far, 2 bucks and a doe. Been shooting 100gr NPs for hunting. Best accuracy I've had thus far was from 100gr Sierra Varminters over the same charge I load for the 100gr NPs, 28.2gr of 8208XBR.