Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Alright. Ive been able to use the universal seating die some more and have my final thoughts on it. Ive loaded 7.5x55 (2 different bullets), 257 Roberts, 257 ackley, and 300 savage, 2 to 3 times each since my last post. The die works very well, the settings have been repeatable and the micrometer adjustments are precise. It works great for testing seating depths, and when taken off and put back on the press, the adjustments are dead on. So, needless to say, I am very happy with this die and would definitely recommend it.

JTD
    JTD,
    Thank you for following through on this review! I am very interested, but have been unable to pull the trigger because of the lack of a 204 seater. I have two at this point and they are pretty high priority right now. Maybe they will add it? Or, maybe I will cave and buy it anyway. Either way I sure appreciate you reporting back.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Great to hear! How did switching up the lock ring go? Any noticeable differences in consistency, batch to batch?
    The lock ring switch was key. The brass screw on the original lock ring just wouldn’t hold it tight. The Hornady lock ring is rock solid.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    JTD,
    Thank you for following through on this review! I am very interested, but have been unable to pull the trigger because of the lack of a 204 seater. I have two at this point and they are pretty high priority right now. Maybe they will add it? Or, maybe I will cave and buy it anyway. Either way I sure appreciate you reporting back.
    You are very welcome. I don’t think they have plans for smaller calibers.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    The lock ring switch was key. The brass screw on the original lock ring just wouldn’t hold it tight. The Hornady lock ring is rock solid.

JTD
    Funny how the little things make a huge difference! In my old Bonanza Co-Ax press dies slide in and out of a slot. That slot is made to hold a specific lock ring. Forster rings fit perfect and function how they should in this press. They are expensive for just lock rings, but worth the extra money to me. I've tried other rings and some work ok, some don't.

Title
    Premium Member
    Luckily the Hornady lock rings are cheap, and I appreciate that they don’t screw into the threads of the die.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    This will be my last post for this thread, unless somebody has any questions that I can help answer. I loaded some 257 Roberts Ackley Improved the other day. The last time I used the die was for this same round, testing seating depth. I tightened the die down, and adjusted the micrometer to the desired setting. The 117gr SST was spot on, exactly the depth I wanted. Needless to say, I’m still very pleased with this die.

JTD