Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

240gr cast 300 Blackout load data

Anyone load 240gr cast in 300 Blackout? Looking for some load data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Before I started casting my own I was shooting 240gr majestic coated bullets. They had a high jam rate as they had a wide, flat nose. I’ve since sstarted casting lee 309-230s and they work flawlessly.

I just used 230gr load data and started a bit under what they listed and worked my way down with a chrono. I didn’t care for the results I got from 1680, and ultimately settled on IMR4227 because it’s a lot quieter when suppressed. I think my load for the 240s was somewhere around 9.8gr of 4227, but that’s with a 10.5” barrel, so your results may vary.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Before I started casting my own I was shooting 240gr majestic coated bullets. They had a high jam rate as they had a wide, flat nose. I’ve since sstarted casting lee 309-230s and they work flawlessly.

I just used 230gr load data and started a bit under what they listed and worked my way down with a chrono. I didn’t care for the results I got from 1680, and ultimately settled on IMR4227 because it’s a lot quieter when suppressed. I think my load for the 240s was somewhere around 9.8gr of 4227, but that’s with a 10.5” barrel, so your results may vary.
    This will be in a 16.5" contender barrel. I may try that 4227 load. This is the bullet I bought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Yeah, it’ll be decently over the sound barrier with that load, but it’s a good starting point to work down from.

And an AR won’t really like that bullet profile very well, so it’s good that it’s from a contender.