Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

2018 Dove Season

Dove season is around the corner, who’s ready? As silly as it sounds out of all the animals, I love getting doves, I hunt them as much as I can all through the season(The rest of my family is all about deer hunting.)

Just something about those sky groceries, I’m terrified to try a duck hunt, I could see myself going broke getting outfitted for that.

I got this one last year, it was so high up I could barely tell it was a dove, it landed 5’ next to me. It hit the ground so hard my stepson heard it from 25 yards away. I reloaded my 870 before it hit the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I love dove hunting. The opening day of dove season is a ritual for us. Nothing beats a dove breast stuffed with jalapeno pepper and wrapped in bacon.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    Oh Ya! jambalaya made with dove breasts, smoked venison sausage, fresh caught shrimp. I used to be able to limit out in my back yard, then they built a golf course behind me and screwed that all up.

Title
    Premium Member
    My favorite is the poppers also, I’m hoping I get to go some this year, I have 3 weeks of Army training that may get in the way.

Title
    Premium Member
    Going this year for sure in North Texas. Just cant do opening day. Thats ok because there will be too many hunters. Leasing through Dove Blasters.
    White wings are plenty this year....

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Palmer View Post
    Going this year for sure in North Texas. Just cant do opening day. Thats ok because there will be too many hunters. Leasing through Dove Blasters.
    White wings are plenty this year....
    I wish you lots of luck, I’ve had a rough few years in NC. Only seeing a few here and there.

Title
    Premium Member
    In Texas they are plenty but this year its been very hot so most of the birds have not come down from the North. A good cold snap up North would be great for us but I can wait till late in the season.

Title
    Premium Member
    IMG_20161105_102907.jpg
    Roger, Duck hunting isn't that bad to get into.....if you are a billionaire. hahahahaha,

Title
    Premium Member
    Roger, getting into Duck Hunting isn't that bad....if you're a Billionaire.

Title
    Premium Member
    Last year sucked, it was 100* for that 2 weeks. This year they are thick as thieves except on our hunting grounds. Saw 3 birds in 2 hrs this morning.
    We shot 6 limits between 7 guys opening morning.