Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

40 S&W 165 gn RNFP Hogdgon time group

New to reloading just scratching the surface. I have looked on line for a few hrs for a good recipe all I can find is 4.6 to 5.1 gn of titegroup but when I inspect to level and estimate the depth that the bullet will seat to either it will be to deep or there will be space in the cartridge for the powder to lay flat , which is bad from what I have read.
    any tips?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Titegroup is not position sensitive. Ive used 3.6gr of titegroup in a 357magnum case with no ill effects. You should be fine with that powder charge range.

JTD

Title
    Position sensitive? Apparently i have a lot research to do! can you steer me towards any good literature ?
    thanks

Title
    Premium Member
    Position sensitivity refers to the powders position in the case, relative to the primer, and if it will ignite properly. Some powders will not ignite properly if it is not up against the primer, some powders it doesn’t matter where it is in the case when the primer goes off. As far as some literature, I’ve read so many things in the last 30 years, I don’t know (can’t remember) a specific source for this type of information. The load you listed is straight from hogdgon’s website, so there should be no concern of case fill using their data.

JTD

Title
    Thank you!

Title
    Premium Member
    Anytime bud. Always glad to help when I can.

JTD