Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Grounghog

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    I've spent at least 7 days this year so far afield shooting ground squirrels. Going through 100-200rds of 17 HMR, bricks of 22 LR and several hundred rds of .223 every trip. ALL ON ONE RANCH. It doesn't cost a thing, the ranch owner is glad to have me there helping with his problem. He killed 5 badgers in less than a week off the place.
    Now that’s a load of fun!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    badger skull.jpgbadger.jpgI believe we did this guy a favor. His teeth were done, don't think he'd have made it another year. Old bastard. For scale that's a concrete sack the hide is laying on.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Now that’s a load of fun!

JTD
    It's been a ball but the hay is up deep enough now that they are getting pretty hard to see. Last two trips we shot in pastures where stock kept the grass grazed down. Not quite as good as shooting was in the hay field under a pivot, but I still burned up a brick of 22 LR last Sunday.

Title
    Premium Member
    Picked up a new rifle for varmints yesterday, take delivery on the 4th of July. CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet. Lightly used, 50rds down the tube, comes with a Leupold 4.5-14 Vari-X III with the B&C reticle, 2 boxes of loaded factory ammo and a box of once fired brass. Might have to go shoot ground squirrels at least one more time this year

Title
    Premium Member
    Bad ass! Ive never had a 17 hornet, but I’ve always wanted one. I really like the 17’s. Ive got 17 Remington and 17 fireball, the 17 hornet would be a blast.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Bad ass! Ive never had a 17 hornet, but I’ve always wanted one. I really like the 17’s. Ive got 17 Remington and 17 fireball, the 17 hornet would be a blast.

JTD
    17 Fireball is interesting but I'd imagine that 17 Rem fouls pretty fast. I like the efficiency of the Hornet. I bought a 17 HMR just over a year ago and it's a kick in the pants to shoot squirrels with. At over a 1000fps faster the Hornet ought to really be a hoot.

Title
    Premium Member
    The 17hmr is tons of fun, I agree. Mine is a CZ452 American, it is a rack driver. I feel like you are spot on about the 17 hornet, very efficient and that extra velocity just adds to the fun factor.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    The 17hmr is tons of fun, I agree. Mine is a CZ452 American, it is a rack driver. I feel like you are spot on about the 17 hornet, very efficient and that extra velocity just adds to the fun factor.

JTD
    Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical FFP Riflescope
    Mine is a CZ 455FS. I really need to put a better scope on it. Running a 3-9x32 now and I run out of scope before the rifle runs out of range. I'm thinking I may transfer the 4.5-14x40 Leupold onto it and put a
    Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical FFP on the Hornet. I've got the money in the budget due to the great deal I got on the rifle/scope combo.

Title
    Premium Member
    Another bites the dust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddduck View Post
    Another bites the dust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah!!!

JTD