Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Range day

Title
    Premium Member

Range day

I finally made it to the range today, before it got too hot. Trying to finalize some hunting loads for a few rifles. I took my M96 6.5x55, M98 257 Roberts, 1903A3 280 Ackley, FN Supreme M98 257 Ackley, and 1917 9.3x62. I took along my Ruger No. 1 257 Roberts to fire form some brass while letting barrels cool. Ive been trying to force my 257 Ackley to like 115/117gr bullets, but I’m about to give up and go back to 100gr. I’ve made good head way with the 6.5x55 (125 partition with RL19), 257 Roberts (117gr Hornady BTSP with H4350), and 280 Ackley (162gr Hornady BTSP with IMR7828). They are all shooting MOA, but have some stringing. I’m hoping by tinkering with seating depth, I can tighten them up a little. The 9.3x62 is shooting great with 270gr Speer SP and 58.0gr of RL15. Overall, great morning at the range.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Range day is always good. Good for you. Been months for me and still have at least a month to go before I have time, super busy.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    Range day is always good. Good for you. Been months for me and still have at least a month to go before I have time, super busy.
    I couldn’t agree more. As busy as life is, it is always nice to unwind at the range.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m planning on making it to the range Friday. I’m hoping to get the call that my 308 is ready to be picked up after having it threaded so I can get it sighted back in and see if I need to retune my load after adding a suppressor.