Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    I got some 30-06 test loads done up for my sons new used Remington 700. I’m starting with 150gr Hornady btsp over IMR4064. Charge weights start at 46.0 and go up to 47.5, and COAL is at the book 3.210”.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I got some 30-06 test loads done up for my sons new used Remington 700. I’m starting with 150gr Hornady btsp over IMR4064. Charge weights start at 46.0 and go up to 47.5, and COAL is at the book 3.210”.

JTD
    I hope those shoot as well as they look! I’m a sucker for a .30-06!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    I loaded 300 rds of 40 S&W. 2 boxes of 155 gn fp and 4 boxes of 165gn fp, recleaned 4 boxes that I cleaned about 5 years ago and had some dark spots like corrosion and primed them all. My son wants to see what it takes to load so tomorrow, if he shows, I will have him set a powder load and check it, I think he thinks it is easy, but he will find out how time consuming it really is.

Title
    Premium Member
    Sounds like a busy day. How old is your son? I hope he shows too, good bonding time.

JTD

Title
    He turned 50 this year! I hope he shows also but undependable. He has a degree in Physical Sciences and has a job making plastic drinking bottles. He has said that he is moving to Texas for the past three years but has not happened yet. He lives with his Mom about 9 miles away. I hope he shows!!

Got a couple of projects going. First up I loaded 20 rounds of 7mm-08 using ShooterWorld Precision rifle powder. This power is similar to Varget. This bullet looks, so far, as a winner in my 700 Remington. The bullet is a 130 gr. Speer. Also, put some brass in the tumbler.

I found a meager supply of Large Pistol primers. Plans are to cast some 4543424 255gr bullets for the recently returned overhauled Bisley Blackhawk. Also, going to load some 429244 gas check bullets at 250 grs.for my Super Blackhawk. These latter bullets were already cast, I have loaded up all my 358156's and need to run some more.

I have a lathesmith custom sizing die for .44 caliber bullets. I'm interested in seeing how the 44 bullets load in the Star with Hornady gas checks. A trial run with Lyman's was ghastly. Seating the gas checks on the 358156's worked out very well using Hornady gas checks. These bullets were sized with the backward Star punch that sends the bullet through the machine base first.

I'm going to shoot a very few 9.3x57 rounds through the Husqvarna 260 in the same visit visit to the range with the 7mm-08. There's not enough time for handguns in the same session. More later.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli Terry View Post
    Got a couple of projects going. First up I loaded 20 rounds of 7mm-08 using ShooterWorld Precision rifle powder. This power is similar to Varget. This bullet looks, so far, as a winner in my 700 Remington. The bullet is a 130 gr. Speer. Also, put some brass in the tumbler.

I found a meager supply of Large Pistol primers. Plans are to cast some 4543424 255gr bullets for the recently returned overhauled Bisley Blackhawk. Also, going to load some 429244 gas check bullets at 250 grs.for my Super Blackhawk. These latter bullets were already cast, I have loaded up all my 358156's and need to run some more.

I have a lathesmith custom sizing die for .44 caliber bullets. I'm interested in seeing how the 44 bullets load in the Star with Hornady gas checks. A trial run with Lyman's was ghastly. Seating the gas checks on the 358156's worked out very well using Hornady gas checks. These bullets were sized with the backward Star punch that sends the bullet through the machine base first.

I'm going to shoot a very few 9.3x57 rounds through the Husqvarna 260 in the same visit visit to the range with the 7mm-08. There's not enough time for handguns in the same session. More later.
    I’m curious as to the results with your 7-08 and 9.3x57. Definitely keep me updated.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    My time and attention have been re-directed lately with a purchase of my first 3-D printer. I am having a blast with it and learning a ton. What I really need is to connect with someone who enjoys reloading and shooting. I spent many years with 2 close friends doing all kinds of loading, shooting and hunting together but we have drifted apart as life happened over the last 20 years. I still reload and shoot a good bit, but nothing like I used to. I need to shoot more because my stock is pretty good on everything I need at the moment. The printer has certainly been a distraction recently but that draw will subside, lol.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Update: Sure enough. Not a problem. I will simplify one aspect. I'm shooting an 1862 Colt replica in a BP match Saturday. If I get worn out on smokeless there's always the black powder fall back.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    My time and attention have been re-directed lately with a purchase of my first 3-D printer. I am having a blast with it and learning a ton. What I really need is to connect with someone who enjoys reloading and shooting. I spent many years with 2 close friends doing all kinds of loading, shooting and hunting together but we have drifted apart as life happened over the last 20 years. I still reload and shoot a good bit, but nothing like I used to. I need to shoot more because my stock is pretty good on everything I need at the moment. The printer has certainly been a distraction recently but that draw will subside, lol.
    I know exactly what you mean! I also had 2 close friends that I reloaded and shot with all of the time. One has moved several states away and the other passed away 10 years ago. I haven’t done nearly as much loading and shooting as I would like, like “the good old days”. I don’t do near as much as I would like but I still get out there.

JTD