Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Excellent. I’m glad you’re being able to make it!!!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Made up some 7.62x54R test loads with Speer (.311”) 150gr SP and IMR4320. I also full length sized and trimmed 100 8x57 brass. They are ready for the tumbler tomorrow.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Coated, sized, and gas checked all of the 452-300 and most of the 309-230 that I had cast. Deprimed all of the brass from the range trip the other day, swaged the 5.56 brass as required. I’m really digging the lee APP, it’s making pretty short work of depriming cases and sizing bullets, even swaging seems pretty smooth.

Sorted brass to be cut down for blackout, after cutting it’ll all get tumbled, maybe next week sometime.

I got a damn good deal on a 9mm barrel for my M&P40, so now I guess I finally have a reason to use all of this 9mm brass everyone gives me. So I picked up a 356-124RN mold, .356 bullet sizing die, and a set of 9mm dies at a local shop (also for a damn good deal).

I just have to stay away from the honeydo list so maybe I can get some reloading done

Title
    Premium Member
    Got my 8mm Mauser test loads done up this morning. 150gr Hornady SP with IMR4064.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I had an interesting day today. I found 4 boxes of 6mm Remington superformance ammo with 95gr SST (that my neighbor gave me about 5 years ago ). I need 257 Roberts brass, so I figured this 6mm would be a good donor. I pulled the bullets and deprimed all of them. Necked them up to 257 and reprimed them with the same primers I had just popped out of them. Now I just need to load and fire form the brass.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I had an interesting day today. I found 4 boxes of 6mm Remington superformance ammo with 95gr SST (that my neighbor gave me about 5 years ago ). I need 257 Roberts brass, so I figured this 6mm would be a good donor. I pulled the bullets and deprimed all of them. Necked them up to 257 and reprimed them with the same primers I had just popped out of them. Now I just need to load and fire form the brass.

JTD
    Sounds like a bit of creativity to get what you want! I don’t know that I would have thought of doing that! I’ve been away from the bench for a week or so now. Had a busy weekend out of town and now trying to get caught back up with everything else. Maybe by the weekend I can be back at it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I got them all loaded up, just need some range time. I was able to use up two partial boxes of bullets and an old can of powder that have been sitting for years. Ive been trying to use up all of the odds and ends I’ve got taking up space. This really helped.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I got them all loaded up, just need some range time. I was able to use up two partial boxes of bullets and an old can of powder that have been sitting for years. Ive been trying to use up all of the odds and ends I’ve got taking up space. This really helped.

JTD
    Been doing that same thing lately. Every time I go to the range, I eat up som more of the miscellaneous components. It’s more or less a way to reduce a bit before my wife and I move in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I cast up a few hundred bullets for 9mm(356-125rn), almost 100 for blackout(309-230), almost 200 for bushmaster(452-300), and was working on doeng a few hundred for 40s&w(401-175) when one of the mold halves decided to come off the handle. So after it cooled I put it back on so it’ll be ready to go again.

20lb of alloy with nothing but 2 cavity molds was a lot a bit of work, but it keeps me out of trouble.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I cast up a few hundred bullets for 9mm(356-125rn), almost 100 for blackout(309-230), almost 200 for bushmaster(452-300), and was working on doeng a few hundred for 40s&w(401-175) when one of the mold halves decided to come off the handle. So after it cooled I put it back on so it’ll be ready to go again.

20lb of alloy with nothing but 2 cavity molds was a lot a bit of work, but it keeps me out of trouble.
    Staying out of trouble, that’s definitely a good thing.

JTD