Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Ive got all my hunting ammo loaded and rifles sighted in.

Ive got a couple more test loads made up for my Siamese Mauser in 45-70. 325gr FTX with IMR3031 and AA2015. Ive had “OK” luck so far, but am hoping for better.

JTD

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    7510~2.jpeg
    Some of the stuff from the ice chest the assorted FC on the bottom is an example of close but not sorted by headstamp . The top stuff is just cool to have knocking around.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post
    7510~2.jpeg
    Some of the stuff from the ice chest the assorted FC on the bottom is an example of close but not sorted by headstamp . The top stuff is just cool to have knocking around.
    I can’t make out anything except one ww super 30-06

JTD

Title
    Win super , Rem UMC 30 Springfield, FC 55 Match , DM 41 , FA 42 and others . The crop didn't do me any favors .......

In other happenings about the bench .
    I've cast 465 of these and have 450 ready to load .
    9# of H&G #130s .
    The mould was made by Hensley and Gibbs in Oregon circa 1986 and came to be in my possession at a Big Reno Show in 2017 . It was a mess , light to moderate rust all over and 8 bullets and the sprue left in it . The handles were original to it but dry rotted . Well the rust turned out to be just enough to obscure the name and number on the outside. The handles were replaced, although not quite long enough .
    It's supposed to cast a 185 gr SWC but my example drops 196 gr . 300 of the little gems now lubed and ready to load . 195.8-196.7 . Over or under they have obvious defects. That's just .52% variation on an 8 cavity mould .
    45 Auto Rim I think this go , Red Dot , Unique , or Herco .
    7524.jpeg

Title
    Premium Member
    Win super , Rem UMC 30 Springfield, FC 55 Match , DM 41 , FA 42 and others . The crop didn't do me any favors .......

In other happenings about the bench .
    I've cast 465 of these and have 450 ready to load .
    9# of H&G #130s .
    The mould was made by Hensley and Gibbs in Oregon circa 1986 and came to be in my possession at a Big Reno Show in 2017 . It was a mess , light to moderate rust all over and 8 bullets and the sprue left in it . The handles were original to it but dry rotted . Well the rust turned out to be just enough to obscure the name and number on the outside. The handles were replaced, although not quite long enough .
    It's supposed to cast a 185 gr SWC but my example drops 196 gr . 300 of the little gems now lubed and ready to load . 195.8-196.7 . Over or under they have obvious defects. That's just .52% variation on an 8 cavity mould .
    45 Auto Rim I think this go , Red Dot , Unique , or Herco .
    7524.jpeg
    Those are cool rounds to have around. Ive got a few cool odds and ends laying around too.

I love red dot in 45. Light and soft shooting.

JTD

Title
    I might try that this time .

Cast , gas checked , sized and lubed about 150 7mm-168s .
    I know they are soft but they're just a breath away from 180 .

Title
    Premium Member
    I might try that this time .

Cast , gas checked , sized and lubed about 150 7mm-168s .
    I know they are soft but they're just a breath away from 180 .
    What are you going to load those 7mm cast bullets in?

JTD

Title
    7×57 . Savage 110LH 24" barrel . They tip in almost 180 gr , I need 1900 fps to get my life long bench mark of 1000 ftlb @100 yd . It shouldn't be any trouble at all in the 24" barrel .

I need to get a package of decapping pins for the Lyman dies as that one was broken at some point . It must have been a hassle then to get them as I have a Lee size die in the box ........ I have the headspace pretty tight on this one formed brass is heavy hard cam to lock the bolt . New circa 1970 Winchester brass goes easy but I had a bunch of formed brass from an 08 Oviedo I wanted to use for R&D . I formed a 270 case to find the mouth for sure and it is where it's supposed to be but that case required a firm bump and hard cam to get it closed . I'm getting the feeling this is a tight chamber from ER Shaw and my tight HS isn't helping. I have 2 in 7×57 the other has more room in the Addams and Bennett barrel on the 1916 DWM Berlin Gew 98 with the Jeager trigger .
    The Savage and I have been friends a long time, the 98 was just a project I picked up cheap that needed a barrel . "Just won't shoot any more" , wholey crap I guess not the 280 B Square fired neck will take a .301 . That might be a problem.

Title
    Premium Member
    Let me know if you achieve you 1900fps goal.

JTD

Title
    7664~2.jpeg

Unique and IMR 4831 .