Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Those are not yet fire formed, correct? I shoot the 6mm TCU and it is a great cartridge. What gun are you shooting it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Working on test loads for a new caliber, 6mm TCU. Can't wait to try them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Those are not yet fire formed, correct? I shoot the 6mm TCU and it is a great cartridge. What gun are you shooting it in?
    Correct, they are not fire formed yet. I will be shooting them out of a 15" Encore pistol.

Title
    Premium Member
    My plan is to deer hunt with it. Any bullet or powder recommendations? So far I have loaded 100gr RN with H335 and 80gr soft points with IMR 4895.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    My plan is to deer hunt with it. Any bullet or powder recommendations? So far I have loaded 100gr RN with H335 and 80gr soft points with IMR 4895.

Mine is a 15" TC Custom Shop barrel on a Contender. I have never hunted deerwith the 6, but do occasionally use the 7mm TCU for deer. My six is used to help control these PA ground hogs and is quite a shooter. Twice I have shot a 5 shot group at 100 yds that measured an honest 5/8". Mine loves IMR 4198, but I am using lighter bullets. I did some work years back with heavier bullets, I'll look at my records to see if I have any data that could help you. Keep us informed on your progress, I'm very interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Mine is a 15" TC Custom Shop barrel on a Contender. I have never hunted deerwith the 6, but do occasionally use the 7mm TCU for deer. My six is used to help control these PA ground hogs and is quite a shooter. Twice I have shot a 5 shot group at 100 yds that measured an honest 5/8". Mine loves IMR 4198, but I am using lighter bullets. I did some work years back with heavier bullets, I'll look at my records to see if I have any data that could help you. Keep us informed on your progress, I'm very interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Mine is a stainless 15" Custom shop for the Encore. Kind of an odd caliber for the Encore, but I got a heck of a deal on it. I also have a 7mm TCU. It is a 10" Contender.

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    A while back I needed a semi secure storage and emptied an ammo can of 12 ga odds and ends . I picked up a tote and cleared out a couple of shelves ..... Inheritance and my own stash , no need to sweat 209s for 12ga 4 cases of 2-3/4 lead and 3 more in steel and 9 boxes of 3" .

I was thinking I'd have to start shopping for 209s but I "discovered" I'd buried Dad's leftovers , 3000+ . I guess I'll use the 209A Fed in 410 and the HyScores in 16 ga .

As a little bonus I found 500 FC spp also .

Title
    Premium Member
    That, my friend is a significant discovery. Use them well, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post
    A while back I needed a semi secure storage and emptied an ammo can of 12 ga odds and ends . I picked up a tote and cleared out a couple of shelves ..... Inheritance and my own stash , no need to sweat 209s for 12ga 4 cases of 2-3/4 lead and 3 more in steel and 9 boxes of 3" .

I was thinking I'd have to start shopping for 209s but I "discovered" I'd buried Dad's leftovers , 3000+ . I guess I'll use the 209A Fed in 410 and the HyScores in 16 ga .

I have a new ProChrono chronograph to try out. Efforts to get a Caldwell going went no place. It took five minutes to get this machine connected to the phone.

I had made a run of 8mm Mauser for a Husqvarna sporter. These will be the first handloads for this rifle. I used 175gr. Sierra spitzers and PPU brass. The charge was a minimum of SW4350. Some 270's rounds were loaded up for the 700 Mountain Rifle. I was using 51 and 52 grs. of SW4350. The bullets 140gr Hornady SST's. The local mall ninja store had maybe a hundred boxes. Anyway, the plan is to take these rifles, rounds and chronograph to the range this weekend.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post

Great find!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli Terry View Post
    I have a new ProChrono chronograph to try out. Efforts to get a Caldwell going went no place. It took five minutes to get this machine connected to the phone.

I had made a run of 8mm Mauser for a Husqvarna sporter. These will be the first handloads for this rifle. I used 175gr. Sierra spitzers and PPU brass. The charge was a minimum of SW4350. Some 270's rounds were loaded up for the 700 Mountain Rifle. I was using 51 and 52 grs. of SW4350. The bullets 140gr Hornady SST's. The local mall ninja store had maybe a hundred boxes. Anyway, the plan is to take these rifles, rounds and chronograph to the range this weekend.
    Let us know how they do. My 8x57 loves those 175 sierras with 4064.

JTD