Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I haven’t sat down at the loading bench for a few days, but I did make it to the unloading bench the other day.

Took my new 5.56 pistol out to try. Won’t pick up the next round without the suppressor, but as soon as I put it on it’ll feed like a fat kid at a buffet. So I opened the gas port up just a touch, I’ll have to test it out some other time.

took my 308 out and broke some clays at 300 yards and beat up on my steel plate at 100y, that’s always fun.

I didn’t make it to the pistol side because the range got shut down when someone got hit (superficial) with an ND. Last I heard, the guy was fine luckily, but he did end up going to the hospital and we all had to give statements.

I really wish I had a place with a lot of land for a 300+ yard range, so I didn’t have to worry about the others at the range.
    Glad to hear the guy is ok. All the other people at public ranges always make me nervous too. I grew having my own range on the family’s farm and I still can’t get accustomed to public ranges. Right now I live near a big tract of Forest Service public land so I do most of my shooting there. It’s nice to be away from everyone but I end up spending almost as much time picking up other people’s garbage out there as I do shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    People, as a general rule, suck :/

Title
    Premium Member
    People, as a general rule, suck :/
    I couldn’t agree more!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Still no range time for me but I played musical scopes with a couple rifles and made up some 30-40 krag test loads with 180gr Sierra RN pushed by IMR4831

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Cleaning brass tonight. Deprimed and sonic cleaning 300 savage, 8x57 Mauser, Lapua 6.5-284, and black hills 6.5-284 (that I just got from Wes). I see some brass prep in my future. That’s it for me.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I made up a couple hundred 452-300, a couple hundred 309-230, and sized and gas checked a few hundred 312-160 (sized to 309).

I still have a bit over 60lb of alloy to work with, so maybe I'll try out something in 9mm.

But next step will be powder coating what I have made up already.

Title
    Premium Member
    I made up a couple hundred 452-300, a couple hundred 309-230, and sized and gas checked a few hundred 312-160 (sized to 309).

I still have a bit over 60lb of alloy to work with, so maybe I'll try out something in 9mm.

But next step will be powder coating what I have made up already.
    That’s one thing I have never done, casting my own bullets. Ive always been curious/interested, but always afraid that I wouldn’t be able to find the time

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm laid off right now, so I have plenty of time. I had the stuff sitting around for over a year before I even started.

I'm able to save a ton of money on the oddball stuff like heavy 30cal for subsonic blackout, hopefully also on 450 Bushmaster once I start loading that.

Title
    Premium Member
    You definitely have the time, glad you are able to save money and still be able to shoot. Sorry you’ve been laid off

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm making the most of it. And unemployment has me covered, so I'm still getting by.