Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    One thing I have never owned and need to, a lever action rifle. I also love the sharper shoulder and case capacity on the 284, another caliber that always intrigued me. Let me know how that rifle shoots for you.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    One thing I have never owned and need to, a lever action rifle. I also love the sharper shoulder and case capacity on the 284, another caliber that always intrigued me. Let me know how that rifle shoots for you.
    The 284 Winchester won’t reach its full potential in a short action lever gun, but it will be plenty good enough for me.

The savage 99’s are a favorite of mine. I would love to own a Winchester 88 at some point also.

JTD

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    I got out some of Dad's stuff today his old Pacific marked Hornady red press and the steel 45 ACP/AR dies . I'm a bit disappointed in the care taking of the press . It's only been out of service in it's shipping box about 30 yr . I loaded some of Dad's 25-06' and some 7×57 when I was 13 or 14 on it . Dad's been gone about 4 years now .
    Anyway it took a while to get all the moving parts and pivots wetted back slick . When it did I was in about 250-300 pieces of 45 Auto Rim . Did 500 size and decap . I'll do the flair another day I guess .

Title
    Working on an older press and some 45 AR .
    Turns out there's 603 of them . One step at a time all decapped last time , tumbled . Now they're all belled . I got 10 in them with primers so good score there . I have to cast some bullets I don't have 600+ 45 cal anything on hand . 1000-1500# of lead just no bullets . Fortunately that doesn't take any longer than getting 600 cases ready to go .

Title
    Premium Member
    How’s everybody been? Haven’t heard from anybody in awhile. Ive been working too much and not getting much loading done.

Ive got a mess of test loads I made up over the summer and now that the weather has started to cool off I’m hoping to get to the range and get ready for deer season.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been getting ready for hunting season, testing loads and sighting rifles in. I’ve been working on a load for my Ruger No1 9.3x74R with H4350 and PRVI 285gr SP. I’m going to test seating depths this weekend. I found a nice load for my Marlin 1895G 45/70 with 400gr Speer FP and IMR3031. It’s been interesting getting used to the scout scope configuration on that rifle, going to sight it in this weekend. My Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor is ready to go with 140gr SST and W760. I’m still playing with my new Savage99 in 284 Winchester. So far I’ve got nothing good enough to hunt with, but then again Ive only tried different 145gr grand slams with IMR4350, I think I will try some Hornady 139gr interlocks next. The kids rifles just need to be sighted in, Big Nate’s 30-06 is with 150gr Hornady BTSP over IMR4064, and Matthew’s 7x57 is with 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tips over IMR4064.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally put together a good load for my dad's CZ 550 in .243 Winchester. He has barely shot the gun and never hunted with it. These are 90gr Speer Hot-Cor over A4064. I may end up hunting with it instead of him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    I finished up the 45 AR , did 880 SP 45 ACP also .

I got this bright idea I'd consolidate a couple of open crates into ammo cans . In case it ever comes up 4 cases of 12 ga 2-3/4 will fit in a 30mm/fat 20mmo can .
    I topped off a second 20 mm can with boxes and trays which turned out to to be a good thing because I was running out of loading/stock/count trays . "Found" 35 more boxed 00B too.

I have an ice chest from the move that I need to go through, sort and bag but at least I can get to it now .

I don't think I'm enjoying the hunt here ......I guess I'm allergic to something in the hardwoods . Figures I'd get to hunting heaven and be allergic to it .

It's cooling off I can probably get some casting done I need a couple 1000 of 2-3 different 45 pistols and a couple 100 ea of 2-3 45 rifles , 25,26,27, 28 ,30 ,and 32 rifle bullets are needing 2-300 of 2-3 of each of those too .

Yeah maybe I should just stick to sorting the brass out first .

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Finally put together a good load for my dad's CZ 550 in .243 Winchester. He has barely shot the gun and never hunted with it. These are 90gr Speer Hot-Cor over A4064. I may end up hunting with it instead of him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I hope you hunt with it. I’m curious to see the bullet performance.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post
    I finished up the 45 AR , did 880 SP 45 ACP also .

I got this bright idea I'd consolidate a couple of open crates into ammo cans . In case it ever comes up 4 cases of 12 ga 2-3/4 will fit in a 30mm/fat 20mmo can .
    I topped off a second 20 mm can with boxes and trays which turned out to to be a good thing because I was running out of loading/stock/count trays . "Found" 35 more boxed 00B too.

I have an ice chest from the move that I need to go through, sort and bag but at least I can get to it now .

I don't think I'm enjoying the hunt here ......I guess I'm allergic to something in the hardwoods . Figures I'd get to hunting heaven and be allergic to it .

It's cooling off I can probably get some casting done I need a couple 1000 of 2-3 different 45 pistols and a couple 100 ea of 2-3 45 rifles , 25,26,27, 28 ,30 ,and 32 rifle bullets are needing 2-300 of 2-3 of each of those too .

Yeah maybe I should just stick to sorting the brass out first .
    Where are you at that is murdering your allergies like that?

You do have a lot of casting to do, I’d stick to the sorting and bagging for now also.

I dread if I ever have to move. The rest of the house will be easy, the guns, loading equipment, components, and ammo will be a nightmare.

JTD