Donate to Sages

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    That will be interesting to see

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Turns out my old phone got factory reset for my son to use, so that’s lost now... all I have is what got put into strelok, which is 2815fps at 59 and 2822fps at 66, so it looks like it’s going to figure roughly 1fps per degree of temp change (with my rifle, your results may vary).

Title
    Premium Member
    Here's what little data I managed to keep

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s still an interesting tidbit.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Got my 6.5-284 brass trimmed tonight. Sometime this weekend I’ll start sizing the 7x57 brass. That’s the last of my brass that needs prepping for now. Time to start loading up some test loads after that.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Turns out my old phone got factory reset for my son to use, so that’s lost now... all I have is what got put into strelok, which is 2815fps at 59 and 2822fps at 66, so it looks like it’s going to figure roughly 1fps per degree of temp change (with my rifle, your results may vary).
    Thanks for posting that!

I got some time yesterday and put together 40 rounds of 7mm-08 for my friends rifle. Resized about 50 6mm Rem cases, and recalibrated an older RCBS scale to give to the next guy I’ll help get into reloading.

Headed out to go find some prairie dogs now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Thanks for posting that!

I got some time yesterday and put together 40 rounds of 7mm-08 for my friends rifle. Resized about 50 6mm Rem cases, and recalibrated an older RCBS scale to give to the next guy I’ll help get into reloading.

Headed out to go find some prairie dogs now!

Good luck! Put up some pdog carnage pics.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Got out this morning to harass prairie dogs. Shot about 40-50 rounds. Hit probably 20. Started with my head up my rear slinging shots out and not paying attention to wind or accurate range. Changed to the .22 and went for a walk while the barrel cooled. Hit 4 or 5 with that and then went back to the .223. Started hitting after that and reached out and hit one at 265. That was the longest shot of the day. Hit a few more under 150 then went 5 straight out to about 160 including at off-hand shot at about 40. Hit and missed a few more and then connected with two more at just over 200 as I packed up. Not too shabby with a pencil barrel Savage .223 and a fuzzy BSA 3-9x40. Need to upgrade the scope on this rifle.

I wish I would’ve taken some pictures, but I didn’t. I did alright too. Some decent carnage with 55gr Nosler Varmageddon HP’s.

Last edited by Jbotto; 07-04-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    That varmageddon is supposed to be splat-tastic. Ive never used any. My prairie dog bullets were either vmax or ballistic tip or blitz king. Ive been thinking of trying the varmageddon in one of my 220 Swift’s.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    It seems that one in four or five don’t splat them. But still kill stone dead. Just leave decent sized holes. I’ve been happy with them. The trigger on my .223 is heavy enough to be noticeable but I wish it were a couple pounds lighter. I feel like a lighter trigger and a scope with a bit more magnification and clarity would bring my load quite a bit tighter, right now I’m happy. Last time I shot them on paper, I put 5 into an inch.