Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I should go well, she’s having her other hip replaced. We learned a lot after the last one.
    The second one always seems easier, because like you said, you learn a lot the first time around.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    She actually dislocated her hip twice within 3 weeks of having the first one replaced. So we’ve learned a lot of things not to do since then. The surgery definitely helped though, so hopefully this one helps just as much (without dislocating it).

Title
    Premium Member
    Been busy packing and making hauling trips on the weekend regarding the move my wife and I are making. Tore down the bench last night and will have it in a trailer tonight. Hope to be back at the press in two-three weeks. Hope you all are well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Doing great. The crew and I are in Galveston doing some fishing. I’ll be back at the bench Monday. Hope all go smooth with the move!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I pulled out my Hornady 243 dies yesterday. They’ve been sitting in the garage for over 10 years with no love. They had about 30% surface rust, but insides were good, just gummed up with old lube. I took them apart, put them in the ultrasonic with a dash of Hornady gun parts cleaner. After rinsing and wiping down they were squeaky clean. I dried them in my frankford brass dryer, and then back in the ultrasonic for a heated oil bath. They came out perfect. Surface rust was removed and they are slick as snot now.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

My bench is in place at our new home! Nothing is unboxed yet but my bench is in place!

I was perusing the evil FB marketplace today and noticed someone across town was selling an old sturdy looking c-press. Called him up and when to visit him. He had a Herters Super Model 3 press, a Herters powder measure, and a beam scale from a brand I didn’t recognize. The older gentleman said he used to use this press to make .257 Roberts brass from surplus .30-06 cases and then later reloaded a lot of .300 Win Mag for his rifle made from a 1917 Surplus action. Fun guy to talk to for sure and I could tell he thought fondly of his equipment. He was asking $50 for it all and I told him I only had a few $20 bills so that he would have to take $60 for it. ( I kept the $10 bill hidden so I wouldn’t be called a liar ). I told him you can’t hardly buy a good steel press for under $100 so I felt better about giving him the extra $10 anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jbotto; 08-05-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Great find and even better story. I love talking to guys like that, I can sit and listen to their stories forever.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I finally was able to sit at the bench a little today. Didn’t do much but at least it is something. I loaded up some test loads for plinking rounds for my GP100 357 mag. I used cast 158gr RN with red dot and w231. Should be nice light loads around 800-850fps.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I actually spent some time at the loading bench today too. I managed to load up just over 600 rounds of blackout with my 230gr cast/PC'd bullets and some IMR4227.

It felt good to sit down at the bench and get something constructive done.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I actually spent some time at the loading bench today too. I managed to load up just over 600 rounds of blackout with my 230gr cast/PC'd bullets and some IMR4227.

It felt good to sit down at the bench and get something constructive done.
    I agree. Felt really good.

JTD