Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    A little off the beaten path, but my bench also includes a 3d printer. I am setting up to print a component separating top for my Hornady powder drops. It is really a kind of sickness, this 3d printing thing, lol.
    I look at all of the 3D printed things people making and selling on Etsy, eBay, and FB. I can see where it could be very fun. Please send pics when you are done!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I will! I have printed so many helpful things for the reloading bench, I can't begin to mention them all. I don't sell, that would take the fun out of it for me. I will print things for friends for free, but will not start charging. It is relaxing for me and I'd like to keep it that way!

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I will! I have printed so many helpful things for the reloading bench, I can't begin to mention them all. I don't sell, that would take the fun out of it for me. I will print things for friends for free, but will not start charging. It is relaxing for me and I'd like to keep it that way!
    I would totally be the same way

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Here is a small sampling of some items I've printed. In addition, an air draft block for my Charge Master, my cam wire breakaway brackets for my LnL, powder identifying bands to clip on the powder drops, and a multitude of other items. The second picture is the very beginning of the Hornady component separating top for the measure. It will fit on top of the powder drop and I can dump my bullet pulling hammer right into it, the powder will go into the hopper, and I can pick the bullet out very easily. Assuming everything prints and works as I plan, lol.
    Printed items.jpg
    Hornady separator top.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Here is a small sampling of some items I've printed. In addition, an air draft block for my Charge Master, my cam wire breakaway brackets for my LnL, powder identifying bands to clip on the powder drops, and a multitude of other items. The second picture is the very beginning of the Hornady component separating top for the measure. It will fit on top of the powder drop and I can dump my bullet pulling hammer right into it, the powder will go into the hopper, and I can pick the bullet out very easily. Assuming everything prints and works as I plan, lol.
    Printed items.jpg
    Hornady separator top.jpg
    Very cool stuff. I love the idea of that separator, definitely would make life easier when pulling bullets. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

One day, if I ever get around to getting a 3D printer for myself, I may send you a private message, to pick your brain a little.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Cap done, just started the funnel flared part, 56% done.
    Hornady separator top.1.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Cap done, just started the funnel flared part, 56% done.
    Hornady separator top.1.jpg
    Very cool!!!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Here is the finished product, turned out a little too large to fit in my Hornady tubes and had to sand them a little. If I make them again I will just scale them to 98 or 99% and it should work great.
    Hornady drop.png
    Hornady drop.1.png

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Here is the finished product, turned out a little too large to fit in my Hornady tubes and had to sand them a little. If I make them again I will just scale them to 98 or 99% and it should work great.
    Hornady drop.png
    Hornady drop.1.png
    Looks great. Perfect for just pouring powder to refill, and for separating powder from bullet after pulling.

When you were first talking about it, I envisioned something you would put on and take off as needed. Now I see that it is the permanent new cap. Very nice.

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 05-08-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Got my 7 test rounds loaded up for the 7mm Mauser. Hornady brass, 154gr Hornady SP, 43.0gr H414, 3.008” COAL.

It’s about 1gr under max load, hoping to stretch these cases out.

JTD