Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Well, my 243 brass is all sized trimmed tumbled and waiting to be primed. 338-06 is sized trimmed tumbled and also waiting to be primed. I’m about 1/2 way through sizing 35 whelen brass. But now it’s time for some 5th grade football.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I just got my M&P40 slide back from optic milling. I think it's pretty much done, now I have to get a good reliable load worked up for it.

But tonight, I hand out candy before going to a party. This is one of my favorite holidays.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I just got my M&P40 slide back from optic milling. I think it's pretty much done, now I have to get a good reliable load worked up for it.

But tonight, I hand out candy before going to a party. This is one of my favorite holidays.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    That looks sharp!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks, I just have to try to carve out some time to go to the range and try it out.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Thanks, I just have to try to carve out some time to go to the range and try it out.
    I know that feeling. Ive got so much range work to do, but so precious little time. Was going to go today but my 10 year old is feeling puny

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I also have another test set for the 308, since it turns out that threading the muzzle and putting the brake on it changed the harmonics enough that it no longer likes the load I had developed for it, with or without the suppressor.

I know it’s not a crown issue, because a totally different load still groups beautifully, maybe even better than before. But I can’t find those bullets anymore (150gr Remington accu-tip), so I don’t want to shoot them all up.

Title
    Premium Member
    I haven’t seen the accutips in years.

Hope you get that load to shoot.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Ive got most of my brass prep done now. 243 is all done, primed and put away. 338-06 is fully prepped and primed. 35 whelen is ready to load. 7x57 needs primed, then its ready. I sized a mess of 30-06 up to 338 and it just needs to be primed. And I’ve got a bunch of 35 whelen I just necked up to 375, but it needs trimmed tumbled and primed.

Almost time to make up some test loads. Then to find some ever elusive range time.

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 11-06-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Ive got most of my brass prep done now. 243 is all done, primed and put away. 338-06 is fully prepped and primed. 35 whelen is ready to load. 7x57 needs primed, then its ready. I sized a mess of 30-06 up to 338 and it just needs to be primed. And I’ve got a bunch of 35 whelen I just necked up to 375, but it needs trimmed tumbled and primed.

Almost time to make up some test loads. Then to find some ever elusive range time.

JTD
    Sounds like you have accomplished lots! The only thing I did for reloading so far this week is get in on the MidwayUSA free shipping deal. Included in my purchase was a Christmas gift for my wife and then a couple boxes of Barnes 85gr TSX that were in stock. Hoping for cooler weather to make deer hunting a bit less stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally done with all my brass prep projects.

Next on my list is loading 200, 300blackout, with 125gr SST’s and W296 for my brother. He lives in New York, and is being gouged on ammo when he can find it. I just finished priming the brass for those, and should be able to load them up this week.

Then it’s time to make up some test loads. Right now I’m thinking 243 with 95gr SST and W760, 6.5creedmoor with 140gr SST and W760. 35 Remington with 200gr RN and TAC. And 35 Whelen with 250gr RN and TAC.

JTD