Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I can’t wait to see the results. Those are neat note cards you have printed out for your loads.

JTD
    Not really note cards, they are generated by the software I use for tracking all my reloading.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Last night I sized some 7x57 range brass, still need to trim it.

This morning I neck sized and primed 99 257 Roberts brass, to fireform to 257 Ackley. I also pulled 30 45/70 rounds apart (that were given to me years ago),I like using these unknown primers for my fireforming so I don’t have to use any in my stash.

Ive got some 22-250 and 308 marlin express I need to pull down also, but I’ll save that for another day.

JTD

How long have you had the 257 Ackley? 2 things I've always wanted, a 257 Roberts and an Ackley of some sort. I may be a little envious, lol. Always was a 243 fan and thought the 243 Ackley might come into play some day. We shall see.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Not really note cards, they are generated by the software I use for tracking all my reloading.
    I noticed that they were more than just a note card, I just didn’t know what to call them. Either way, I really like them. Aside from shopping online, Computers and I don’t really get along, I avoid them as much as possible.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    First test loads. My thoughts so far on H450, it meters great and has super case capacity with the 243. Can't wait to see how it shoots. As far as I know, none of these components are being produced any longer. Might show my age a little, lol. Oh yeah, check out how many posts this makes for me
    Attachment 1682
    I like those semi pointed bullets. I found a couple boxes of Hornady 100gr 6mm RN at my LGS a while back. I loaded them in my 6mm Remington, they shoot great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    I like those semi pointed bullets. I found a couple boxes of Hornady 100gr 6mm RN at my LGS a while back. I loaded them in my 6mm Remington, they shoot great.

I like them too! It seems all of the really cool bullets that I like, have all been discontinued to make space for super high BC sleek pointy bullets.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

How long have you had the 257 Ackley? 2 things I've always wanted, a 257 Roberts and an Ackley of some sort. I may be a little envious, lol. Always was a 243 fan and thought the 243 Ackley might come into play some day. We shall see.
    I had it built around 2003 or 4. I played with it for awhile, found a couple good loads, killed a few deer, then put it away. I dusted her off a few years ago and have started to do some more serious load development.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I like them too! It seems all of the really cool bullets that I like, have all been discontinued to make space for super high BC sleek pointy bullets.

JTD
    Yeah, like 7mm RN bullets. How I wish I could find some those for my 7x57.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Yeah, like 7mm RN bullets. How I wish I could find some those for my 7x57.

Ive gotten to the point where I don’t like to load my old discontinued bullets because once they are gone, they are gone. No replacing them. I always keep a lookout for them, but haven’t seen any in years.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    It’s been too cold to shoot here lately, and work has been busy as crap, so I’ve just been slowly prepping some 223 brass for my AR.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    It’s been too cold to shoot here lately, and work has been busy as crap, so I’ve just been slowly prepping some 223 brass for my AR.

JTD
    Yeah, it's been too cold here as well. Changed the AP over from 300 BO to 9mm last night, gonna run some 147gr subs for my CZ Scorpion.