Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    I didn’t get much done this weekend. Deprimed and cleaned some brass. Loaded some 45 colts with 8.0gr of unique and 230gr rainier HP, to try. Loaded some 45-70 test loads with 325gr ftx, and made some test loads for 32 Winchester special with Hornady 170gr FP.

I made a list with about 10 things to do, now just need to find the time and energy to do it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Had the weekend at home and didn’t get much done. I did however install a wear plate on my press.

So awhile back I was going through current and older a Forster (and Bonanza) Co-Ax owners manual and parts lists. I realized that my press was missing a wear plate under the shellholder’s sliding jaws. So I decided I should probably purchase one. I threw it in with my last Midway order and finally took the minute to install it. Ha. Not much done lately, and this part will force me to re-Adjust all my dies. I’m a set-it-and-leave-it kind of guy so now have to get my rear in gear and readjust everything. In order to do that, I really should make sure my rifles are cleaned so when I adjust the dies to minimally resize for each chamber they will have true sizes rather than a false size that could be due to built up firing residue. It’s always something isn’t it? Haha. Hopefully I’ll get loading again in 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    This weekend I loaded a few odd lots of bullets in 9mm and 45. And prepped some 243 brass to use some powder that I inherited from my Father who passed away almost 2 years ago now. I got some H414 as well as some H450, which I believe is not even being made anymore. I have load data in some of my older manuals and would like to try them just for giggles, if he liked it there was a reason.

Last edited by Flyeralan; 02-01-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    "Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    H450 was a popular powder. I don’t know why they discontinued it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Worked on a new caliber for the first time last night, .17 Hornet. It was fun to load and I can't wait to shoot it. Right now I have 25gr VMAX over LT-30 and 20gr Nosler Varmageddons over IMR 4227

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    H450 was a popular powder. I don’t know why they discontinued it.

JTD
    In honor of my Dad, I am going "Old School" with my 243 tomorrow. In all honesty, I think only the powder came from him, but it is all vintage. I have 5 manuals old enough to have H450 in and I can't wait to pull the trigger on some of these. Oh, and if you can't quite see it, the price on the powder is $2.49.

Old School.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    In honor of my Dad, I am going "Old School" with my 243 tomorrow. In all honesty, I think only the powder came from him, but it is all vintage. I have 5 manuals old enough to have H450 in and I can't wait to pull the trigger on some of these. Oh, and if you can't quite see it, the price on the powder is $2.49.

Old School.jpg
    I love it!!!!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    First test loads. My thoughts so far on H450, it meters great and has super case capacity with the 243. Can't wait to see how it shoots. As far as I know, none of these components are being produced any longer. Might show my age a little, lol. Oh yeah, check out how many posts this makes for me
    Old School.1.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    First test loads. My thoughts so far on H450, it meters great and has super case capacity with the 243. Can't wait to see how it shoots. As far as I know, none of these components are being produced any longer. Might show my age a little, lol. Oh yeah, check out how many posts this makes for me
    Old School.1.jpg
    I can’t wait to see the results. Those are neat note cards you have printed out for your loads.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Last night I sized some 7x57 range brass, still need to trim it.

This morning I neck sized and primed 99 257 Roberts brass, to fireform to 257 Ackley. I also pulled 30 45/70 rounds apart (that were given to me years ago),I like using these unknown primers for my fireforming so I don’t have to use any in my stash.

Ive got some 22-250 and 308 marlin express I need to pull down also, but I’ll save that for another day.

JTD