Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    I was able to size, prep, and prime my 250 savage brass today. Started sizing some 7.62x54R, got about 1/2 of it done. That’s all for me today.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    25y would've been optimal for the platform, but the field we shoot across was already planted. Maybe when I get some better groups I'll post some
    As long as you got the data you needed, that’s good enough. Soon I am going to work up some loads with Hornady 75gr hpbt for my 18” 223 wylde. I don’t know what my expectations are for accuracy, but I guess I will see soon enough.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I got my 75hr BTHP in a trade, I'm not sure of the make, but they have a cannelure.

My goal with this gun is more to get the bullets to go to the same area than to shoot small groups, so it's not hard to find a decent load.

My 308 (savage 12BVSS) is a different animal, I try to keep groups under 1” at 100. I can't wait to get that one back and see if a suppressor effects accuracy or not.

Title
    Premium Member
    I got my 75hr BTHP in a trade, I'm not sure of the make, but they have a cannelure.

My goal with this gun is more to get the bullets to go to the same area than to shoot small groups, so it's not hard to find a decent load.

My 308 (savage 12BVSS) is a different animal, I try to keep groups under 1” at 100. I can't wait to get that one back and see if a suppressor effects accuracy or not.
    Let us know how that 308 goes, when you get it rolling again.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I got the rest of my 7.62 Russian brass sized trimmed and primed in the last couple days. My to-do list is now down to sizing and neck turning 6.5-284 brass (waiting on a new case holder for that), and making up some test loads for 223 75gr hpbt, 250 savage 100gr Speer spbt, 9.3x74R 270gr Speer SP, and 257 Roberts.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Here's one I'll share, from the 308 at 90yards. 5 shots (and one from getting sighted in). The flyer even felt wrong.

I was very impressed with both the sound and recoil reduction from the suppressor. Hearing safe with full power ammo and it felt like shooting a 223.

Title
    Premium Member
    Here's one I'll share, from the 308 at 90yards. 5 shots (and one from getting sighted in). The flyer even felt wrong.

I was very impressed with both the sound and recoil reduction from the suppressor. Hearing safe with full power ammo and it felt like shooting a 223.
    That one is definitely worth sharing. Ive always felt that a flier that felt like a flier was better than an unexplained flier.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    How is it Thursday night already???? I have been shooting Friday afternoons lately and since last Friday I haven’t made it to back the bench. Emptied my shooting gear out of the truck last week to get the kayaks out over the weekend and haven’t made it back down to the garage to record pictures of the targets yet. I continue to be frustrated with my .30-06 and the 150gr Etips but I’ve got a few more to play with now and am going to be stubborn. Might throw a few loads together that have shot well in the past to rule it out. If the rifle shoots those poorly, I know it’s me. If they shoot as they normally do, it’s the load and I start from scratch again.

Last weeks shooting session got my .223 zeroed at 200yards just minutes before the rain ran me off the range. So it wasn’t all bad. This week a friend sent me some 6mm Remington brass to use in my wife’s rifle. We have tag drawing results back and now starts my scramble for hunting season. Been a busy week away from the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been turning necks this week. Blah, I hate it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Ive been turning necks this week. Blah, I hate it.

JTD
    Brass prep of any kind sucks. Once a case is primed I start to feel good about brass again. But from dirty fired brass up until it’s primed it’s kinda loathed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk