Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    I use the frankford arsenal case prep and trim station also. It’s been a wonderful tool on my bench. I tried trimming blackout brass on it once. I got very erratic trim lengths because the brass didn’t have enough shoulder. Other than that it trims very consistently for me.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

I finally got some reloading time this week. It’s been a hell of a week. I put together some reduced loads for my 10 year olds 7x57. I used 140gr Sierra spitzers, and 140gr partitions, half loaded with 22.5gr IMR4227 the other half with 29.0gr IMR4198. We are going to take it and sight it in and test these loads next weekend when they get back from their moms.

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 07-12-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    I spent the better part of the day in the workshop yesterday, primed all of the blackout brass I had and most of the 223. Loaded up the last of the Hornady 62gr soft points I had.

I think I’ll head down today and finish priming the 223 brass and load up the 62gr steel core and 75gr BTHP. I have 1k 62gr FMJ to load up, but that’s not going to happen for a while.

Tomorrow I’m planning on taking the 308 out to the range and seeing if I can get it dialed in at 300 yards. That should be a good time.

Title
    Premium Member
    That should be a great time! Keep us posted.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    No reloading for me this weekend. My wife and I left ND on Wednesday night to MN. We had to pick up a trailer that we bought that has been stored at my folks place. I got out to shoot a bit but was helping my brother dial in his .280 AI and sight in a new aimpoint on his AR. I had my .338-06 out to smack steel a couple times at the 200 yard range. Heading back tomorrow and hoping to stop and pick up some components in my way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I was able to get a few test loads for the 7.62x54R loaded up yesterday as well. I used 150gr Speer .311 sp with 42.5gr H4895, 45.0gr IMR4320, and 30.0gr IMR4198.
    Now I’ve got the kids stuff taken care of, trying to decide what to do for myself.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally getting time to load some 300 Blackout on the Hornady AP. Everything is working great, taking it real slow as it is my first experience loading any rifle on the AP.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I didn't make it to the range today due to rain and lightning. So I decided to finally powder coat the rest of the bullets I had cast while off work. I should be set for blackout, 40s&w, and 9mm for a while.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Finally getting time to load some 300 Blackout on the Hornady AP. Everything is working great, taking it real slow as it is my first experience loading any rifle on the AP.
    Excellent!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I didn't make it to the range today due to rain and lightning. So I decided to finally powder coat the rest of the bullets I had cast while off work. I should be set for blackout, 40s&w, and 9mm for a while.
    Those look too pretty to shoot!

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 07-12-2020 at 04:51 PM.