Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Here’s a few more Ive loaded up today.

7.5x55 with 178gr ELDX. 6.5x55 with 156gr PRVI SP. 280 Ackley with Hornady 162gr BTSP.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what unloader are you loading the 280 AI for? My brother has a Kimber Mountain Ascent in 280AI and it's pretty impressive.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what unloader are you loading the 280 AI for? My brother has a Kimber Mountain Ascent in 280AI and it's pretty impressive.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    It’s a Smith Corona 1903A3 with a Douglas XX barrel. I had I built many years before it became a factory offering. It’s everything a 7mm Remington magnum is, and no pesky belt.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been on a roll today. All done now so this will be the last picture.

6.5x55 with Hornady 129gr SP. And, 300 Savage with 150gr Hornady BTSP

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Had someone local post some brass for sale yesterday, I thought he was looking for brass. Well one thing led to another and I had some brass that he was looking for. So in all my post-moving disorganization I found the brass, my tumbler, and my walnut media! (They were all stashed separately and buried in piles in the garage, quite the feat!) Counted out the brass, tumbled the range dirt off of it, and bagged it up.

I miss having a bench set up and somewhat organized... I'm making good plans of how I'll have the gun/reloading room set up. Orginally, I had planned to just build it as I unpacked things, but I think I'll wait for lumber to come down a bit in price. Gives me more time to plan it all out! Hope you all are doing well!

Title
    Premium Member
    Got a few loads done up tonight.

L to R: 257 Roberts Ackley Improved, 30-06, 243, and 35 Remington.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    How do you like that Bob AI? I've often thought that I need a quarter bore and that's the one I gravitate towards. Likely has something to do with my penchant towards Mausers and Mauser cartridges. An acquaintance showed up a couple years ago with a Kurtz 98 Mauser from the 20s that he'd picked up at a gun show. It had a very nice guild style walnut stock with decent figure, claw mounts and a vintage German scope, tasteful if not reserved scroll engraving and sported buffalo horn butt plate, grip cap and a little schnabel forend. It was chambered in 257 Bob. He refused to sell it to me, but I'll keep working on him.

Last edited by Mauser; 06-25-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    How do you like that Bob AI? I've often thought that I need a quarter bore and that's the one I gravitate towards. Likely has something to do with my prescient towards Mausers and Mauser cartridges. An acquaintance showed up a couple years ago with a Kurtz 98 Mauser from the 20s that he'd picked up at a gun show. It had a very nice guild style walnut stock with decent figure, claw mounts and a vintage German scope, tasteful if not reserved scroll engraving and sported buffalo horn butt plate, grip cap and a little schnabel forend. It was chambered in 257 Bob. He refused to sell it to me, but I'll keep working on him.
    I like it quite a bit. It is built on a 98 FN Supreme Mauser. Ive got a standard 257 Roberts on a nazi 98, and a Ruger no1. The FN is the prettiest though. I don’t hot rod the Ackley, and get about 100fps more than the standard ones.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I like it quite a bit. It is built on a 98 FN Supreme Mauser. Ive got a standard 257 Roberts on a nazi 98, and a Ruger no1. The FN is the prettiest though. I don’t hot rod the Ackley, and get about 100fps more than the standard ones.

JTD
    Have a 280 AI built on that same action...

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    Have a 280 AI built on that same action...
    My 280 AI is on a Smith Corona 1903A3 Springfield. I feel like we may have similar tastes.

JTD