Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Are you able to drift the sights on it? Is it drilled and tapped for a scope mount? I was going to load up some 243 and 22hornet test loads today, but I lazied out.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Are you able to drift the sights on it? Is it drilled and tapped for a scope mount? I was going to load up some 243 and 22hornet test loads today, but I lazied out.

JTD
    Yes sir. Drilled and tapped for side-mount scope and also peep sight. But I love the wide-open iron sights. The rear sight is driftable, but I just haven’t got to it yet. I’ll include some pictures. It’s just a neat little rifle as I had passed one up years and years ago with a period correct weaver 2.5x on it for $250. I kicked myself for a long time a few years after that before I stumbled onto this one. All original, just needing some TLC ( that it still hasn’t received ) and walked away with it for $125.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Great rifle!!! Anybody load anything today?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Anybody load anything today?

JTD
    Nope, I didn’t get time to do much of anything yesterday. Maybe tonight I’ll get some time at the bench.

Title
    Premium Member
    Yesterday afternoon I got back to my partial coffee can of .30/30 brass that I resized last weekend. Sorted out by brand and realized I didn't have as much brass as I initially thought. I currently have my Lyman trimmer set up for 7mm-08 and my friend who I'm helping with the 7mm-08 still has some factory ammo that he hasn't shot yet. I'm not wanting to take that apart to set up for another case size at the moment so I may dig out another trimmer that I have mothballed to work on a different project.

Title
    Premium Member
    I managed to load up 3 test loads for my Armalite AR-10 this morning before getting called in to work. I’m using LC LR brass, Fed 210 primer, 168gr Speer Gold Dots, and TAC powder. Bullets are seated to 2.800”.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I got back to my partial coffee can of .30/30 brass that I resized last weekend. Sorted out by brand and realized I didn't have as much brass as I initially thought. I currently have my Lyman trimmer set up for 7mm-08 and my friend who I'm helping with the 7mm-08 still has some factory ammo that he hasn't shot yet. I'm not wanting to take that apart to set up for another case size at the moment so I may dig out another trimmer that I have mothballed to work on a different project.
    I do the same thing with my trimmer. Once it is set I finish what it is set for, before moving on to something else.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Didn’t do any reloading but thought I had a buyer for a set of dies that I have so I disassembled and cleaned them up. This is a pretty old set I have and they were caked in old grease/lube from its last life of being used. Hoping to get out to shoot tomorrow and then do some more loading in the afternoon. Have a great weekend folks!

Title
    Premium Member
    I managed to load a few test loads tonight. First I loaded some 7.62x54R. Ive been having some issues with accuracy, big time horizontal stringing with an inch or less of vertical. That kind of stringing, in my experience, is a result of seating depth and/or seating depth. I also noticed that on minimum loads there was no stringing, but with medium to full power loads, things went south. My initial loads were at 2.900” which put only .165” of bullet in the case neck, so I loaded some to 2.765, which is .300” in the neck. I hope this helps.

I also loaded some test loads for 9.3x62 with 285gr PRVI RN Bullets and Big Game powder, and some test loads for 375 Whelen Improved with 300gr PRVI RN Bullets and Big Game powder.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Didn’t do any reloading but thought I had a buyer for a set of dies that I have so I disassembled and cleaned them up. This is a pretty old set I have and they were caked in old grease/lube from its last life of being used. Hoping to get out to shoot tomorrow and then do some more loading in the afternoon. Have a great weekend folks!

We are supposed to have rain all weekend. Make sure to give us a range report after you shoot.

JTD