Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    Over the last few days I’ve sorted, deprimed, and tumbled the brass from my last couple unloading sessions.

223, 300aac, and 6.8spc in the dryer now. 40s&w will be next in the tumbler after I run it through the bulge buster.

I have 100 pounds of lead to turn into bullets, so I might make up a few hundred 309-230s for the blackout.

Next priority, though, is going to be working up a couple loads for 223 with the 8lbs of WC844 I just got delivered. Going to use that under 62gr steel core and 75gr BTHP. Should do pretty well out of my 10” 5.56.

Title
    Premium Member
    I just added another 20 cases of 7mm-08 to the tumbler that has been running for the past few hours. Filled with some .380 that I found and was cleaning it up for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Over the last few days I’ve sorted, deprimed, and tumbled the brass from my last couple unloading sessions.

223, 300aac, and 6.8spc in the dryer now. 40s&w will be next in the tumbler after I run it through the bulge buster.

I have 100 pounds of lead to turn into bullets, so I might make up a few hundred 309-230s for the blackout.

Next priority, though, is going to be working up a couple loads for 223 with the 8lbs of WC844 I just got delivered. Going to use that under 62gr steel core and 75gr BTHP. Should do pretty well out of my 10” 5.56.
    Keep us up to date in those loads with the 62 and 75gr.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I sized and primed 700 357mag brass today. I also sized and primed 110 9mm range pick ups.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Was finishing up last night at the bench and decided to start on a whole new cartridge. Set up dies for .30/30 which I’ve never loaded before. I got in the groove and probably sized 50 or so cases before I realized how late it was. I have probably 150 more to go here in the apartment and might have some out near the tumbler in the garage too. Someday I’ll land a good deal on a used lever gun but for now my old Savage 340 will have to work for these.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I sized and primed 700 357mag brass today. I also sized and primed 110 9mm range pick ups.

JTD
    Dang! We’re you doing these on a progressive or single stage/hand primer setup?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Dang! We’re you doing these on a progressive or single stage/hand primer setup?

Rock chucker and a hand primer.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Rock chucker and a hand primer.

JTD
    That’s how I do it too except with a Co-Ax instead of the Rock Chucker. I feel your pain! That’s a lot of priming! Which hand primer do you use?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    That’s how I do it too except with a Co-Ax instead of the Rock Chucker. I feel your pain! That’s a lot of priming! Which hand primer do you use?

My rockchucker turned 29 years old this year, bought it new when I was 18. I use a frankford arsenal hand primer. How does that savage 340 shoot? Do you have a scope on it?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

My rockchucker turned 29 years old this year, bought it new when I was 18. I use a frankford arsenal hand primer. How does that savage 340 shoot? Do you have a scope on it?

JTD
    When my Lee hand primer dies that’s what I’m replacing it with. Seems like a great piece of equipment from what I’ve seen! Bet you got your money’s worth out of that RC by now! The 340 shoots fairly well, though I haven’t shot it much. Bought it used as a fairly neglected rifle for a steal. I only have the iron sights, but could see a peep sight as a great addition in the future. I’ve had it a year or two now and really want to to get it out more, but it shoots waaaay to the left and I just haven’t messed with it much. As far off as the sights are, it still surprised me how small the groups were with iron sights and a not-great trigger. The rifle needs a bit of work cosmetically but it’s perfect as far as function goes.

Last edited by Jbotto; 05-03-2020 at 06:15 AM.