Donate to Sages

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Reloading, definitely.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I enjoy playing video games occasionally, it's a good escape. And if the election year panic doesn't lighten up soon I won't have any components left to load up anyway.

I'm down to my last box of small rifle primers and about 1500 small pistol left.

Title
    Premium Member
    Went to the range today. Took 9 rifles and a chronograph. I finalized hunting loads for 5 of those rifles, the other 4 need a little more work.

Now I’ve got to load up some ammo.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    34gn hp going 2000 fps in a 5" barrel.
    Gotta love the Belgium.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesr160@yahoo.com View Post
    34gn hp going 2000 fps in a 5" barrel.
    Gotta love the Belgium.

That’s awesome! FN5.7 or Ruger57?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Fn57 and ps90.

Title
    Premium Member
    Outstanding!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    After last weeks range outing, I had a few things to load up. I have my hunting ammo for this season all loaded up. 6.5x55 with 140gr Sierra SPBT Gamekings. 6.5-284 with 140gr Speer Gold Dots. 375 Whelen Improved with 270gr Speer SPBT. And 45-70 with 300gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.

Ive also got some more test loads made up for .308, 6.5x55, and 30-06.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    After last weeks range outing, I had a few things to load up. I have my hunting ammo for this season all loaded up. 6.5x55 with 140gr Sierra SPBT Gamekings. 6.5-284 with 140gr Speer Gold Dots. 375 Whelen Improved with 270gr Speer SPBT. And 45-70 with 300gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.

Ive also got some more test loads made up for .308, 6.5x55, and 30-06.

JTD
    Looking good! I think that .375 Whelen is too cool!

According to my records I haven’t sat down to the bench in about a month. Was trying hard this week to find some .243 brass and I almost went out and bought some, but I almost KNEW I had a bag somewhere, I just had to find it. Was searching all the reloading stuff for this bag I thought I had, and for whatever reason kept looking past a beer box of reloading items. Well I finally started digging through it for kicks only to realize that every bag in that box was .243 brass,including the Federal brass I needed. Ended up going through it, found in excess of 100 rounds in various stages of prep. This is brass I had forgotten about from two moves ago, notes were dated February 2016 when I was using my buddy’s bench as my living arrangement wasn’t conducive for reloading. Anyways, I got all the brass sized, trimmed, and prepped! Ready to reload, went for my favorite bullets, and realized I was out. Oh well, I know a small store a town over that had them in stock a week ago, so I’ll check them. If not, I’ve still got 40 some rounds to get through hunting season for my wife’s two deer tags. We should be good to go!

After dead-ending myself on .243, I think I’ll switch gears and work on my .30-06/E-tip load this week to see if I can’t squeeze any more accuracy out of it. It’s holding under 1.5” after my last range trip, but I want it to go a bit better than that.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Looking good! I think that .375 Whelen is too cool!

According to my records I haven’t sat down to the bench in about a month. Was trying hard this week to find some .243 brass and I almost went out and bought some, but I almost KNEW I had a bag somewhere, I just had to find it. Was searching all the reloading stuff for this bag I thought I had, and for whatever reason kept looking past a beer box of reloading items. Well I finally started digging through it for kicks only to realize that every bag in that box was .243 brass,including the Federal brass I needed. Ended up going through it, found in excess of 100 rounds in various stages of prep. This is brass I had forgotten about from two moves ago, notes were dated February 2016 when I was using my buddy’s bench as my living arrangement wasn’t conducive for reloading. Anyways, I got all the brass sized, trimmed, and prepped! Ready to reload, went for my favorite bullets, and realized I was out. Oh well, I know a small store a town over that had them in stock a week ago, so I’ll check them. If not, I’ve still got 40 some rounds to get through hunting season for my wife’s two deer tags. We should be good to go!

After dead-ending myself on .243, I think I’ll switch gears and work on my .30-06/E-tip load this week to see if I can’t squeeze any more accuracy out of it. It’s holding under 1.5” after my last range trip, but I want it to go a bit better than that.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I find stuff, all the time, that I’ve rat holed, or put away for later. Sometimes digging through what I already have is more exciting than going to the store.

I have been having a bunch of fun with that 375. Right now it is at the top of my favorite list to load and shoot.

What is your old faithful bullet for 243?

I hope you have a great weekend too! We are about to head out to the 5th grade football game. We need a win!

JTD