Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

Speer 110 gr JHP - #3983

I picked up 5 boxes of these old Speer 9mm bullets at auction last weekend ($8 for the lot). I can't find any information on the bullet (I think they're frangible rounds) and most certainly cannot find any load data. I'd like to load them up for plinking, but I've not done anything lighter than 115 grains. Can any of you fine folks shed some light on these things?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmckenna View Post
    I picked up 5 boxes of these old Speer 9mm bullets at auction last weekend ($8 for the lot). I can't find any information on the bullet (I think they're frangible rounds) and most certainly cannot find any load data. I'd like to load them up for plinking, but I've not done anything lighter than 115 grains. Can any of you fine folks shed some light on these things?
    I looked at my Speer books, one from 1974 and one from 2008. No data for 110gr. You could use 115gr data and be fine. Just start low and work up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The Speer #12 manual lists the #3983 as a 100 grain JHP, does this help?
    Speer 3983.jpg

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Thanks so much! I have two editions of the Speer manuals, and neither covered this round. I was pretty sure someone here would have something that I can start with.