Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Gibbs 45/70 enfield

I just got a scope mount from Addley Precision in Canada, for my mk1 enfield In 45/70. It came with a drill guide, drill bit, tap, and oil. It turned out great and now have a scope on this great old rifle.

JTD

Similar Threads:

Title
    Very cool!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Gibbs 45/70 enfield

I got to shoot the old gal with a load I had made up for it in 2005. It kicks harder than I remember, am definitely going to get a slip on recoil pad for it.

After bore sighting, first 2 shots were low right, adjusted scope, second 2 were high left, adjusted, last 2 just south of the bullseye. All shots were at 50 yards.

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 04-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    I put a cheek riser in today. That will definitely help lining up on the scope. I’m waiting for the slip on recoil pad to arrive, then will have to adjust the scope rearward to compensate for the extra length of pull.

Planning on loading some nosler 300gr ballistic tips for it. I got those bullets from Wes quite awhile ago, finally getting to try some out.

That pic is maximum length, 2.725”. Planning on loading them at 2.700” for testing.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I put a cheek riser on today. That will definitely help lining up on the scope. I’m waiting for the slip on recoil pad to arrive, then will have to adjust the scope rearward to compensate for the extra length of pull.

Planning on loading some nosler 300gr ballistic tips for it. I got those bullets from Wes quite awhile ago, finally getting to try some out.

That pic is maximum length, 2.725”. Planning on loading them at 2.700” for testing.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    i like it looks good.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docvx View Post
    i like it looks good.
    Thanks. I haven’t used this rifle very much because as I get older my eyesight isn’t what it used to be and I find myself neglecting my open sighted rifles. I’m glad I was able to find this company that makes this scope mount for it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive got my load for this rifle now. R-P nickel brass. R-P 9 1/2 primmer. 300gr nosler ballistic tip. IMR4198 43.0gr. Avg velocity 1875fps. It’s shooting 1- 1.5” at 100yds.

JTD